Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-07-17, 12:02 AM  
Honeydew

hotncmom, would you be willing to share your rotation?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 09:15 AM  
hotncmom

I looked on my hard drive and I could only find one of the files (I think this one was from Daisy Sunshine).

My rotation was just doing one upper body and one lower body segment on one day 4-5 times a week, with yoga on other days for variety. I made sure I didn't overuse muscle groups by alternating body part specific workouts. So it looked something like this:

Day 1: Foldover 1 (glutes) + Side Planks 1 (shoulders)
Day 2: Leg & Hip Isolations 1 (thigh) + Back of the Arm 1 (triceps)
Day 3: Yoga
Day 4: Side Lunges and Plies 1 (lower body combo) + Shoulder scoop (shoulders)
Day 5: Bridge Sequence 1 (glutes) + Anatomical focus back
Day 6: Yoga

Then I walked as much as possible.

To save time, I never did any of the core segments. I felt the upper body mat plank workouts sufficiently worked my core. And if I had more time on certain days I would do 3 segments instead of 2 - I would do a lower body + upper body mat + upper body weights.

I kept track in a spreadsheet and made notes of which ones were my favorites and which ones were too hard (a lot of the later ones) and I'd need to work up to.

The other rotations people here came up with were closer to an hour, but I didn't have time to do an hour of Ballet Body plus walking. I'm attaching it for reference, though.
Attached Files
File Type: doc BalletBody Rotations.doc (53.5 KB, 132 views)
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 10:49 AM  
prettyinpink

I feel like in the first level of both periodization systems, it would be easy to spread out the segments over more days. So instead of three total body workouts for BBPS2, you could split up day one and day 3 into two days of two segments each, and also split up day 3 or leave it the same (it's slightly shorter).

The second week uses the DVDs. The lower body is almost an hour, but for the UB you could do the mat part (about 23 minutes) and not do the weights. I think the UB mat work is more creative and more effective than the weighted, anyway. For the core DVD, you could just sub one or two core download segments. The core DVD is okay, but I only ever do it when I do BBPS2.

Levels 3 and 4 could be shortened somewhat by leaving off the core day in level 3 and splitting up and spreading out segments from the other days.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 12:42 PM  
slockhart

Thank you so much!

I did a lower body focus today:
Barre Squats
Plie Parallel Lift & Lengthen
Bridge at the Wall II

The bridge at the wall was tough! I couldn't finish the whole segment! Loved it!

Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 01:43 PM  
casey

I was encouraged by some very nice members in my prior check in to try these downloads and I'm so happy I got BBPS1 & 2. These hit my body just as well as the Toniques but I have no dread factor with them. They are so versatile and there's a number of ways to use them.
1. If I have fallen off the exercise wagon or getting over an illness, I walk my dog and do one segment of my choice. They vary from 15 minutes to 25 minutes. Don't be fooled, some of her short segments are very challenging. (Glutes on the Mat 2 ) Such a great one though.

2. If I do, for example, Body Beast total body but don't feel like I worked the back of my legs and butt enough, I choose a BB that does. Back of the Legs on the Wall, for example, not only fries the back of my legs, it totally stretches and extends all of my posterior muscles. I find at 53, I cannot simply contract my muscles all the time and lift weights. I need to do extension and stretching workouts. Leah is a genius with this focus. She makes sure to extend and stretch your muscles and not just contract contract.....

3. I mix and match them. For example, today I ran 3 miles, did BB Isometric Holds and Lifts (about 14 minutes of isometrics with 2-5 lb weights that work your shoulders and arms). Then I did Linda Woolridge Fusion Mat Glute Bridge and Outer Thighs.

4. Sometimes I walk my dog for 2-4 miles, then do 2-4 BB segments.

I really don't feel any dread working out this way and I'm very fit and slim and not sure but believe I'm post menopausal. (Maybe it's only been a few months of a break but I'm hoping. )

FYI her PS1 has lots of good segments that work you just as much as PS2. I have many favorites and they change every so often too. No boredom. I have a cranky shoulder too and if it's acting up, I avoid side plank segments and focus on the arm segments. She also has yoga based segments.

HTH Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body rotation, ballet body rotations