Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-16, 06:14 PM  
upperwside

I was doing the high intensity .. cardio heavy new peak fit challenge. I was so hungry and tired.. my body hurt.. I gained weight! This week I was back to cathe live and a few hour long kcm workouts.. and I feel great and not hungry! I'm almost 44 and find that too high intensity is not for me anymore. I can lift and do kettle bells at high intensity.. but not cardio anymore. Cathe and long dog walks or a bounce on my rebounder are right for me now. Keep my weight in check.. without making me feel burned out or too hungry.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-16, 09:04 PM  
daisyduke

Thank you everyone for chiming in. I've read all of your thoughts and appreciate them.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-16, 06:19 AM  
Tanja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
Not if they make you so hungry you eat everything in sight.
This.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-16, 06:27 PM  
ncl

Yes, I think I am in better shape if I do longer workouts. It makes a difference, but like others have said, you gotta watch the appetite. It can get out of control for me if I do too much.

The one type of exercise that makes me ravenous beyond belief is swimming which I don't really do anymore. A lot of weight training makes me really hungry as well.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-16, 07:40 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
A lot of weight training makes me really hungry as well.
Bingo. I can go overboard with cardio but not eat everything in my house, but if I start to do too much weight training or bodyweight exercises, I get real hangry...
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-16, 07:34 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by blzgrl View Post
Do you have a link to that article?
I don't know if this is the same article Breezy Trousers was referring to, but I read something similar recently: https://www.metaboliceffect.com/menopause-weight-loss/

The guy who wrote this is trying to sell a menopausal weight loss plan, so that is the purpose of the article, but he gives a lot of good info on how and why women gain weight at this time of life and what to do about it. Based on what he says, you can probably come up with your own plan. I think I'll give it a try. Can't hurt!
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-16, 10:04 AM  
blzgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I don't know if this is the same article Breezy Trousers was referring to, but I read something similar recently: https://www.metaboliceffect.com/menopause-weight-loss/

The guy who wrote this is trying to sell a menopausal weight loss plan, so that is the purpose of the article, but he gives a lot of good info on how and why women gain weight at this time of life and what to do about it. Based on what he says, you can probably come up with your own plan. I think I'll give it a try. Can't hurt!
Breezy Trousers sent me the same article in a PM. It's very interesting, especially that what worked in our 20's and 30's becomes counter productive for a lot of women as we age. I've been doing pretty much what it says for the last two years, and it's working well for me.
blzgrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high intensity, intense workouts, long workouts, results