Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-17, 07:28 PM  
Lannette

Ebianco,
I forgot to mention muscle engagement/activation. Yesterday I walked with my DH and DS and I really noticed that I could feel my inner thighs working. We took the exact walk two days before and I didn't feel it. It was really quite noticeable. I'm hoping that loosening my tight inner thigh (right side) is reactivating both inner thighs.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-17, 07:53 PM  
olala

Not working for me. Stretches my skin and makes it looks 100 times worse. I do not have cellulite, but just want a better skin. Terrible useless purchase.
Dry skin brushing is best for me.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 06:05 AM  
Lannette

Sorry to hear that olala. On the bright side, if you ran it through your dishwasher and listed it on Craig's list you could probably recoup a good amount of your investment.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 08:53 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Thanks Lannette! I am really crossing my fingers for more muscle activation. I feel like I can engage my muscles well, but I don't burn nearly as many calories as other women doing the same exercises side by side (for example, if we go on a hike) with a similar fitness level/weight/age to me or even smaller than me.

olala Thanks for sharing your experience! But I'm sorry to hear about your skin I was definitely worried about stretching my skin so I oil myself up really well. In fact I use so much oil that I have been worried about breaking out (I shower after but the oil doesn't just wash away entirely), but so far my skin has been super soft and not broken out, except a very minimal amount on my arms. If I were you I would also try the craigslist route! I also love skin brushing. I've been doing it daily for years.
Old 04-12-17, 12:45 PM  
Hazel Porter

I feel like the FB is one of the best fitness purchases I've made in a very long time. I got it for both sports performance and crepey skin, and have been extremely gratified by the results on both fronts. I also got a mini to use on my feet and in the shower (although I haven't found that to work too well -- I can't find any oil or other lubricant that doesn't wash right off) and my massage therapist now uses it when I get a massage, which is truly the best. thing. EVER.

I notice a ton of difference in my workouts when I'm using it regularly (which I haven't been great about lately because, you know, life) -- I definitely feel like it improves blood flow to wherever I've blasted, and my muscles just seem to move more freely. After the first two or three sessions, I haven't bruised at all since. Oh, and the skin on my thighs, which had started to look crepey and lumpy (even though I'm pretty lean) because of aging now looks a lot better.

I've turned several friends from the gym on to it -- long-time trainers with some rather serious physical issues (one has a completely bound up hip from an old injury, the other has a big "divot" in one hip/glute from lots of sliding in softball as a kid and teen) and both of them have had significant improvement in their conditions. The first woman was contemplating hip surgery (at 44) and now says she feels she might not need it, at least not quite so young.

The only problem for me, like someone above said, is that I don't really have time to blast adequately after my workouts most days, and I'm not really in a situation at home where I could lie around with various parts of my body exposed and get all oiled up to blast. But even on a reduced schedule, I am so, so glad I got the FB (or rather got both -- the long one is better for my legs and, if I ever got around to it, I imagine my back as well).
Old 04-12-17, 01:12 PM  
Exercise Diva

I just ordered myself a mini - I have the large one and I find it awkward to use in the shower because of its size. Has anyone else found this too and for those who use the mini, does it work on all parts of the body? I need a lot of calf work right now - they are so tight and bound up (old achilles injury that flares up periodically). I just want to convince myself that I didn't blow $78 needlessly.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 01:40 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Wow Hazel Porter that is quite an endorsement! I'm so glad the FB is working out great for you, and your friends at the gym! It's exciting that you can feel a difference in your workouts! I'm lucky that it's just my husband and I so I have more time and space to blast (if not an ideal heat source like a sauna). It's good to hear about bruising, I really hope mine go away both for aesthetic reasons and also so I can blast more often and feel more benefits!

Exercise Diva I don't have a space issue in my shower but the full size one is a little awkward to use due to the length of the stick, I think the mini will be much nicer. I'm also intrigued about using the 'nuggets' but hoping to wait until this fall and purchase the mini and face blaster (when it is supposed to become available for purchase without the extra lotions) and save on shipping. Let us know how you like the mini! I feel like my calves need a lot of blasting too and that would be way easier with a mini I would think.
Old 04-12-17, 02:02 PM  
Aurora C.

I have the full sized, the mini and a hacked one that's got three claws, and I keep them all handy during blasting sessions as they are all good for different areas. I too recommended the FB to a friend of mine from the gym who was complaining about knee pain and being told he would need a surgery. He balked at the price and I told him to stop being so cheap with himself and whether or not it would be worth it to avoid surgery, downtime, etc...I saw him a few months later and he said he got it, loved it, thanked me for telling him about it and said he can run again!

I was never much of a TV watcher but my best FB sessions tend to revolve around me getting hooked on a show that's got enough episodes for me to catch up on. Over the winter I finally broke down to see what all the fuss over Game of Thrones was about, then I binge watched Boardwalk Empire pretty much nightly while fasciablasting...now I need some recommendations to get me back on a consistent FB regimen! I prefer something that's done so I can watch when I feel like it...I know Mad Men was all the craze not long ago so maybe that's next. Please feel free to chime in on good shows to watch while blasting. Thanks!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 03:31 PM  
Exercise Diva

Aurora C - I also waited to watch Game of Thrones and am now a complete junkie! Another good one, also on HBO, is Big Little Lies. The first season just wrapped up and there is talk of a second.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 03:55 PM  
Aurora C.

Oh no, Exercise Diva, I've learned my lesson...only shows that have concluded are now under my consideration. I wish I would have waited for Game of Thrones to complete before watching it, now I'm waiting for the continuation and I refuse to watch the next season until it's done...I can't stand waiting a week in between episodes. I've got to watch them when I'm ready and sometimes that's back to back to back! Thinking I'll start all over with season 1 after the next season completes in Fall and get more consistent fascia blasting in.
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fascia blaster, migraines, old thread alert