Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-16-15, 08:04 AM  
deineira

Leslie workouts and Fitbit

Hello,
For those of you who have a Fitbit and use Leslie for walking, do you find there is a big discrepancy between Leslie's miles and the mileage on your Fitbit? One Leslie mile registers just a little bit over a half a mile on my Fitbit, and I'm definitely using my arms. Even when I skip the kicks and knees and other motions and just walk in place the entire time, my miles are still quite short of hers.

I was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 08:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I wonder if it might have to do with periods of marching in place, and the nature of the workout in that you are moving within a confined space, rather than walking forward which is what the Fitbit is designed to measure?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 09:14 AM  
Rhonda

Leslie miles I find are much shorter than a regular mile. I usually register around 1500 steps for her miles. I don't do the kicks either and walk around the room when she does those.

Her older workouts walk away the pounds, seem to get me closer to the 2000 steps/mile. I am talking about the older ones where Randy is in them.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 09:17 AM  
ADoll

Yes. I've noticed that Leslie's miles are shorter.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 09:23 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I just did a 2 mile Leslie this morning and my Fitbit gave me 1.29 miles. I come up short on Jessica Smith's miles, too, but not as far off as Leslie.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 09:25 AM  
deineira

Ok, so it's not just me. That's interesting...

I always figured Jessica's workouts would come up short as it seems she has fewer actual steps, but I'll try one of those next time and see how they measure up.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 11:43 AM  
lrb04

I am waiting for my device (not a Fitbit though) to count my steps/miles which I should be getting this weekend. I am going to compare the difference when I walk with Leslie with what she says & the device records.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 11:50 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Do you have one of the Fitbits you wear on your wrist? I have the One, which I wear clipped to my bra. I haven't done any Leslie workouts since I got it, but with other indoor workouts, I feel like I need to be moving around (not just moving in place) for it to register. I have a couple of friends who have the wrist ones, and they say they can get steps added just by waving their arms around.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 11:55 AM  
sherylb

I have a fitbit zip that I wear at my waist. I don't really pay much attention to the miles but I do get about 2,000 steps for each of her miles, and I do primarily the newer workouts.
sherylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 12:25 PM  
bfit

I know someone who used a Fitbit for a water exercise class, and it registered nothing! I was in the class, and it was quite strenuous. Basically, I don't think the Fitbit (or similar devices) are necessarily that accurate.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, leslie sansone, mileage, randy, walking