Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-22-15, 01:22 PM  
jazzy75

Body Beast Hybrid Rotation?

I'm considering a Body Beast rotation with a tad bit of extra cardio added in.

May be as simple as a few tabatas here and there along with a couple of jogs through the week to enjoy the summer weather.

IN reading some threads I understand added cardio with the Body Beast Lean Rotation my be counterproductive.

Has anyone created their own Body Beast rotation to work in more cardio?
And/or got along just fine following a straight Body Beast rotation with a few added cardio sessions here and there.
Old 07-22-15, 04:13 PM  
buffmama

I didn't have a set rotation that added in cardio, just did it when I missed it. Be aware that in the last phase the workouts are longer so more difficult to do add ins. You could make it an 8 day rotation and add in one day of cardio before starting the next week. (Why can't I think of these things for myself?)
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 04:18 PM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I didn't have a set rotation that added in cardio, just did it when I missed it. Be aware that in the last phase the workouts are longer so more difficult to do add ins. You could make it an 8 day rotation and add in one day of cardio before starting the next week. (Why can't I think of these things for myself?)
Lol. I was thinking I could try extending it if I "needed" more cardio. And who knows if I'll last 3 phases as I'm not always a full DVD rotation kind of gal!
Did you complete a full rotation? Any tips and/or results to share?
Old 07-22-15, 08:21 PM  
buffmama

I did complete the entire rotation. I gained strength but definitely 'felt' bulkier. My body craved cardio and my muscles wanted to work together. There isn't a lot of core work here, since it's isolated muscles, so I think I added some in. I did JMBR after this and the exercises were so different I felt like I was starting over. Maybe think about the added cardio as either metabolic/whole body or core based. I did this rotation after completing my first [only?] half marathon so I didn't miss the cardio initially, but did towards the middle->end. I think I added in yoga also. Off to write down my suggestions where I'll see them next Beast rotation.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 08:57 PM  
Sharaz

30 mins steady incline walking after lifting. If I remember correctly, I did BB cardio just once. I think I added an intense long cardio session at the end of the week separate from lifting session.
Old 07-23-15, 04:29 AM  
jazzy75

I think I would miss the cardio too. I will be off on summer vacation for the first part of the rotation so would have a bit more time to fit in sometime like an early morning 5K and a Beast workout later.

I also sometimes replace a warm up with a short Zuzka cardio or HiiT session and the go into my strength DVD

I'm exciting to give it a try (but don't want that bulky feeling you mentioned buffmama)

Tags
body beast, hybrid rotation