Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-17, 11:32 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I think that people on here who would like Cathe to do dvds for seniors should send her that suggestion. She has a forum on Cathe.com and also a Facebook page. If enough of us suggest it, she might do it.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-17, 04:22 PM  
aspidistra

It surprises me that the age range for "senior" is 55 to 92. At 55 I was still pretty much a young thing. I didn't even start to show any problems of "aging" until the mid 60s. People who are not even 65 yet are not seniors, and people like Jane Fonda who are nearly 80 defy the term "senior" also. People who are in their late 80s or 90s - now that is elderly, and of course the bones might be more brittle so exercise should be gentle. But don't put 55 in that same category. That is a 37 year age difference!!
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-17, 05:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

So on Cathe Live, there are just two of these "senior" classes? I tried to get a listing, but it seems like maybe you have to be a member to see what classes are available? I'd subscribe if there were a variety of these, but if it's only two I'm not sure it's worth it -- maybe for a month.

On the "senior" note..... this morning I went to an open house at a local university to see about classes they offer for the local seniors, which starts at age 50. Well, I was by far the youngest looking person there and they joked about needing to card me, but honestly once I went in, people were really odd about talking to me. They just looked at me like I'd wandered in mistakenly. It was very uncomfortable. I am getting close to my 56 birthday, by the way (my husband has been telling me for at least a year now "you're almost 60" -- sheesh!).
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-17, 06:52 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
So on Cathe Live, there are just two of these "senior" classes? I tried to get a listing, but it seems like maybe you have to be a member to see what classes are available? I'd subscribe if there were a variety of these, but if it's only two I'm not sure it's worth it -- maybe for a month.
Yes, there are only two of these so far. Cathe always gets a lot of positive feedback when she posts these, but I'm not sure when she'll share more of them.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 06:06 AM  
Dabbadooey

I don't do her workouts, but she is a truly great instructor.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe live, cathe senior fit 2, old thread alert, seniors