Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-14, 05:49 PM  
bubbles76

Paula, you have some great ones on your list too! Hmmm...if I had to pare down to 20 and we are excluding sets (because Cathe's Xtrain and 4DS would surely make the cut), it would probably be these:
  1. Cathe Pure Strength - technically, it's a set, but it's one dvd
  2. KCM 30 MTF Muscle Definition
  3. Cathe Terminator
  4. KCM 30 MTF Shape Up
  5. Weider X-Factor XT
  6. Amy Bento Drop Set Strength
  7. Amy Bento All Step Challenge 2
  8. Cathe Cardio Leg Blast
  9. Mark Laham Mind Body Warrior Yin Yoga
  10. Mark Laham Mind Body Warrior Power Yoga
  11. Eoin Finn Pursuit of Happy Hips
  12. Amy Dixon Breathless Body 2
  13. Amy Dixon Breathless Body 3
  14. Altheatized 3
  15. Romy Phillips Yoga DVDs
  16. Cathe Muscle Endurance
  17. Kathy Smith Super Slimdown Circuit
  18. KCM 30 MTF Circuit Blast
  19. Christi Taylor Fantastic Four
  20. Soul Sweat

That was pretty darn tough to do lol! Honorable mention - Kathy Smith's compilation dvd that had the boxing, kickboxing, and tai chi on it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 08:03 PM  
ncl

I enjoyed reading folks lists. We are all so different. My list would look different!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 08:48 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

We have our house up for sale, and I am already planning on boxing up most of my workouts. I only use probably ten percent of what I own...I would trade, but for what, lol! I think what I am going to do is box up everything I am not using, and keep it for about 6 months, and then donate all of it to Goodwill. This is my plan. I don't want to end up re-acquiring workouts yet again! I really want to de-clutter the entire house when we move, anyway.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 09:29 AM  
bearcatfan

I wrote the date "July 1, 2014" on the outside of two! boxes.

Let's see when/if I go rooting around in there ....
Old 07-01-14, 09:42 AM  
Sara1000

I just listed some of my beloved original FIRM VHS on ebay for a dollar hoping they will find a home somewhere. I feel sure no one here would want them bad enough to pay the postage. I am getting rid of them because jumping messes up my knees and I don't want to be tempted. Workouts like Core Cardio and Upper Body Split just make no sense if you try to modify them to low impact.

I got rid of many of my DVDs the same way last fall - sold them cheap on ebay hoping they would make someone happy. I am down to just a hundred or so now, mostly Cathe, the original FIRMS and Leslie.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 09:45 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I need to purge again. I know what I like and I have dvds just sitting here that I don't do. It's so painful!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 10:34 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I need to purge again. I know what I like and I have dvds just sitting here that I don't do. It's so painful!
Jackie, I find it very difficult to get rid of workouts that I used to use so often.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 10:57 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I usually find it easy to purge, but the ones I have left still hold some dollar or trade value in my head. I am normally very good about not buying things I probably won't click with but went bananas last year following a back injury and made several bad purchases (for example, Ultimate Yogi: why did I buy you when I knew I ultimately hated yoga?)

I would be sad to just drop these things off at the library when I could possibly get something of use from the purchases. Still, they bug me just sitting around here laughing at me.

Tags
boxing up dvds, cheryl soleway, let it go, purge, purging dvds