Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-14, 09:30 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Bigger pockets would increase the prices!
Old 04-09-14, 11:21 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

The Sparkleskirt is a great idea! I like the basic one.
And that Champion pullover looks awesome too Praire Gem.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 06:59 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I use those little pockets when I run races. I put my car valet key in there and nothing else. Works great! Maybe that's what they had in mind when they made them that small.
Old 04-11-14, 01:50 AM  
Helen

I run when I have a 90min wait for children at activities, so I lock my handbag/wallet in the boot and only take the car-key with me, and the phone on an armband. I look for those little pockets in pants & tops - they're a definite bonus for me. I imagine there are a lot of people who go running, but don't start out from home - they drive to a track, a lovely trail-run, a big old park....
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 11:13 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
Ohmigosh, I love those! We're doing a 4th of July race for my 40th birthday, and some of those designs would be so fun! Alas, I definitely need something longer than a 6.5" inseam. But, yes: clearly THOSE PEOPLE had gone running before and wondered where to put their wallets!
I've worn tights under a Sparkleskirt when it was cool. The inseam is longer than it seems, quite a bit longer than most skirts or shorts. They are certainly pricey, but it's nice to know I have a place to put everything! I'm doing a duathlon in May and have been wondering if I can cycle in a skirt. If not, I won't have my usual pockets!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 01:35 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marissajd View Post
I'm so used to the pocket that it bugs me when workout pants don't have them!
It makes me nuts when they don't include pockets. Lately I've only been buying the Danskin pants at Walmart because they have the waistband pocket. I live in an apartment with a security gate, so when I go out to run I have 3 keys with me: housekey, gate key and mailbox key. They fit perfectly in the tiny pocket.

One of my Adidas running tops has a little pocket with a hole that fits a small mp3 player. Another hole at the collarbone lets you run the cord up inside the shirt so it doesn't get in your way.

I've also heard that triathlon clothes tend to have more pockets, but they also tend to be pricier, too (especially when you buy most of your fitness stuff at Target, Walmart or Marshalls, like I do )

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Last edited by Rivercat; 04-11-14 at 01:37 PM. Reason: another thought
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 01:38 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I've worn tights under a Sparkleskirt when it was cool. The inseam is longer than it seems, quite a bit longer than most skirts or shorts. They are certainly pricey, but it's nice to know I have a place to put everything! I'm doing a duathlon in May and have been wondering if I can cycle in a skirt. If not, I won't have my usual pockets!
It also looks like they have one version that is a little longer (Hiker Chic long style). I've not worn these -- just contemplating an order but I feel like I'd need a longer length, too.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 09:35 PM  
dela

I saw this flipbelt on a Viralnova list and thought it might be a useful idea. It's a poly-spandex belt that is designed to hold your phone, keys, id, etc. while working out.

http://flipbelt.com/what-is-flipbelt
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 12:04 AM  
PrairieGem

Dela, that's really cool! Froggy recently posted a tutorial to make your own in the gear forum, for those crafty runners. (Which I might be inclined to try if I could make friends with my serger. )
Old 04-27-14, 10:16 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post

but how many of us (OK, I do) carry a single key with us, and nothing else, when we leave the house?
That's what I carry when I leave the house and the little pocket is perfect.

Tags
workout clothes