Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-14, 06:58 PM  
Mickey12

It totally motivates me to look good when I work out even though most of the time I'm just by myself in my living room. I am addicted to Athleta clothes and I have tons of their tops, shorts, capris, tights and yoga pants.

My husband bought me some Underarmour clothes for Christmas and I love them too. I like to wear nice things that match and feel good.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 09:04 PM  
FitJosee

I do

I like to feel the part. Cute might be too strong a word, but my clothes look like (old and newer) WO clothes. Basically black shorts + a colorfull thank top.
I buy them wherever they are affordable, Winners and Walmart mostly.
Old 02-02-14, 09:18 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

No. I put on any cotton workout shorts and/or top I have that's comfortable for me. It's my own personal workout space, so I don't really care what I look like as long as the workout is good. That's the beauty of working out a home...when I'm done, I just go up the stairs to take a shower. I still don't care what I look like. I am at home...
Old 02-02-14, 09:32 PM  
sherry7899

All my exercise clothes are Danskin Now and t-shirts from Walmart...I get rid of things as they wear out but I wouldn't call anything "cute."

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 12:10 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

No, not at all. Old yoga pants or capris and any available tee will do. The pants are always black so matching's not an issue.

However... back in my youth (aka The Old Days) I had an entire wardrobe of eye-catching leotards with colorful tights and leg warmers to do Firm workouts (before they were called the classics of course). So I had my cute outfit phase as well. Laughable now of course, but cute back then.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 01:31 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

"Eye catching" is a nice expression for what we wore in the 80s.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 07:09 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqi A View Post
"Eye catching" is a nice expression for what we wore in the 80s.
Yeah I thought it was 'fitting', hehe.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 07:21 AM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Almost a year ago I ordered several shirts off of a Kickstarter project. They change color as you work out.
Ha! We had those back in the early '90s--anyone remember them? It seemed like a fun idea, a clothing version of mood rings--but basically your shirt changed color wherever you sweat, so all they really did was highlight your armpits. That was a short-lived trend....
Old 02-03-14, 07:45 AM  
buffmama

I upgraded from Old Navy to Target recently. The colors are great and my main motivating factor. I have newer and older stuff but like it fitted so it doesn't move around me.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 07:49 AM  
katmom

Like an earlier poster stated, I feel more movitivated when I wear nice fitness clothes, but I am not loyal to a specific brand. It is more like what did I get on sale at Kohl's, Target, Ross, or TJ Maxx. I try to wear something that I would not mind being seen in if I was working out in a gym environment. I like wearing the long shorts or capri length pants (usually gray, navy, or black) and some type of bright top.

Tags
clothing, cute factor, dh likes, fitness apparel, matching clothing, workout clothes