Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-14, 10:38 AM  
PhyllisG

Cathe Revisited with Pyramids

After being a long time Cathe fan I gave it all up and sold or traded all of my Cathe workouts. I recently bought Pyramids (deal of the day) and did the full body bonus this a.m. I loved it. So I just went to today's deal of the day and ordered STS Total Body. I like Cathe's old time straight lifting/strength workouts. I now realize. I hate drills and it was Drill Max that started my exit from Cathe. But wow did I have stuff scattered all over my workout space--barbell plus weights. dumbbells, bench, hi step and she didn't include the stability ball in this premix or that would have been out there too.
Overall I really enjoyed my return to Cathe.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 10:47 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

The lower body portion of this workout almost kills me. Talk about a high rep killer! I like the fact that it's only a two day split, so much easier to fit in. The ball sections are great too!
Old 01-10-14, 11:02 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Pyramids is a great DVD. I love the up-only and down-only premixes for upper body. The total-body premix is a good one, and I agree about how equipment-heavy it is! I have all my dumbbells and barbell plates scattered everywhere by the time I'm done.

STS Total Body might be my favorite Cathe total-body workout. It's straightforward lifting, but it feels new and fun, not like a grind. I really like the gliding-disc leg work. Looks so easy when you start, and then your legs are through at the end.
Old 01-10-14, 11:38 AM  
PhyllisG

STS Total Body might be my favorite Cathe total-body workout. It's straightforward lifting, but it feels new and fun, not like a grind. I really like the gliding-disc leg work. Looks so easy when you start, and then your legs are through at the end.[/QUOTE]

I am glad to hear that! It kind of got mixed reviews but it looked good to me. I had done the STS program but really never wanted to do it again so the concept of STS Total Body sounded like a good one and I liked the clips that I saw. I am no longer interested in doing say Gym Style where you work a few body parts at a time. An upper & lower split or total body works better for me. Plus I still like Cathe herself.
Old 01-10-14, 03:47 PM  
Mandy

WOW, I forgot that STS Total body had disc work. Thanks for the reminder! I will add it to my to do list. I have been loving the results that disc work has given me from Xtrain Legs, Flex Train , Great Glutes, Lower Body Blast and Slide & Glide, and the other Cathe's that use the discs. When I first previewed her disc work, I thought that it wasn't going to be effective because no weights are used. Boy was I wrong. I started consistently adding disc side and back lunges along with Cathe's Barre work and it has slimmed down my legs as well as give my glutes more definition.

I also love the Pyramid workout too I like to break up the upper body and do just bi and tri. Or just 1 muscle group when I'm short on time. I like to add it to the end of my workout's like Cathe does in Crosstrain Express or Xtrain.

I'm going to do Pyramid today..thanks for posting!
Old 01-11-14, 08:44 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

The legs only premix on STS Total Body is a strength and cardio workout combined into one!!
It gets my heart pumping.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 08:51 AM  
Bebop

I have been wanting STS total body. I'll watch for her deals.

I also love Cathe pyramids. I go in phases and when I'm in a pyramid mood I do Joyce Vedral. I am such a Cathe fan that I start missing Cathe so I usually add that one into my rotation.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 08:57 AM  
PhyllisG

There was a deal on STS Total Body yesterday. That is why I ordered. Plus you can use the coupons even with sale items. Don't know if it is still available today.
Old 01-11-14, 10:30 AM  
gigi

Cathe's Pyramid DVD and STS Total Body are great workouts in my opinion. STS Total Body leaves me utterly spent when I go as heavy as I can. I get the shakes and feel weak and like I can't be anymore worked out.
Old 01-11-14, 10:58 AM  
shoegoddess

I had amazing results when I was doing the combo workout on a regular basis. Maybe I should go back to doing it again

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe friedrich, pyramids, sts total body