Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-08-13, 01:10 PM  
PhyllisG

Now that would be interesting. Wonder what would come down on their heads. Hope we didn't get them to thinking" how can we crack down on trades?!!" They are over the top with these restrictions.
I had been considering P90X3 but no more. Not taking the chance since the only program I held on to from BB was LMP.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-13, 01:31 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Or make a trade here at VF. BB certainly knows about VF. Have they ever tried to interfere with trading here?
Not so far, anyway.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-13, 05:48 PM  
Candiceena

Wow. I've never purchased a BB program because of the whole coach/MLM set up they have. I just really really do not like those kinds of setups. I think they get up people's hopes really really high, and sometimes, for nothing.

Also, nothing has really interested me enough to want to buy it. I considered Slim in 6 and the Brazil Butt Lift but again - was turned off by the type of setup.

I am FLOORED now to hear about this CRAP (pardon my french)!!! This is very disappointing. My gut-feelings about BB have now been confirmed. I was considering P90x3 and/or Insanity, because DH has been asking me about them, but now, absolutely not. Not from them at least. Maybe, for DH's sake, I would buy them from someone off of CL.

And I really hope they leave us alone here on VF. They probably know about this thread already. I'm sure someone in the company has some kind of set-up that alerts them to any time BB or one of their products is discussed/mentioned.
Old 11-11-13, 08:56 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
Wow. I've never purchased a BB program because of the whole coach/MLM set up they have. I just really really do not like those kinds of setups. I think they get up people's hopes really really high, and sometimes, for nothing.

Also, nothing has really interested me enough to want to buy it. I considered Slim in 6 and the Brazil Butt Lift but again - was turned off by the type of setup.

I am FLOORED now to hear about this CRAP (pardon my french)!!! This is very disappointing. My gut-feelings about BB have now been confirmed. I was considering P90x3 and/or Insanity, because DH has been asking me about them, but now, absolutely not. Not from them at least. Maybe, for DH's sake, I would buy them from someone off of CL.

And I really hope they leave us alone here on VF. They probably know about this thread already. I'm sure someone in the company has some kind of set-up that alerts them to any time BB or one of their products is discussed/mentioned.
You can get BB workouts from Mary. That's what I did when I bought Power 90 and some of Tony Horton's One on One yoga workouts. I even got Shakeology samples from her. She's terrific.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 10:30 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
You can get BB workouts from Mary. That's what I did when I bought Power 90 and some of Tony Horton's One on One yoga workouts. I even got Shakeology samples from her. She's terrific.
Yes, because Mary is a BB Coach. They aren't all evil.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 02:42 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Yeah, the money goes to BB no matter who you get the product through.

Mary doesn't play the marketing part up, though. I get the impression she provides it as a service, but that is just my impression.
I used her for Shakeology and had questions. She did not have answers, but she was more than willing to get the answers. And she was sympathetic to my rant about how much the shipping and handling was for a one-time purchase of Shakeology (seriously, $20 for shipping AND it takes two weeks to get, yeah, right).

No. BB will still do what they are going to do no matter who sells it to you.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 06:28 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I got all sorts of Amazon policy violation notices the past couple of weeks (really it probably started about a month & a half ago with the Hip Hop Abs DVDs I had listed). They are all Beachbody products so I'm sure Beachbody is now doing on Amazon what they did on Ebay a few years back and making sure only BB coaches are authorized to resell their DVDs. It's very annoying!
Old 11-12-13, 07:07 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
Yes, because Mary is a BB Coach. They aren't all evil.
No one is saying the coaches are evil. It is more the way BB is set up and the, as one poster put it, crappy way they run their business, and all the big brother stuff *some* coaches take part in.
Old 11-12-13, 11:20 AM  
seabliss

I bought my BBL from a seller on Craigslist who said that he and his partner have a company that buys discontinued products from Amazon. So they got several BBLs as part of one purchase. The product seems totally genuine to me, complete with everything, and everything is good quality except for the resistance band that is rolls when you put it on, just like all the reviewers complain about.

But then later I heard on 60 Minutes or a similar news show, in a feature about pirated products, that Beachbody is complaining that their products are highly pirated and that the dupes are pretty much indistinguishable from the real thing. I don't know if they are being truthful or just using this as an excuse to stop Amazon sellers and others from being able to sell the product, used or not.

Likewise, I'm not sure whether the Craigslist guy was telling the truth or not. Honestly, I really like the program, but I couldn't have bought it from Beachbody, with the exorbitant cost and shipping too. I was just looking for a decent used copy or a new one that someone had bought and then changed their mind about (we all have those lying around!).
Old 11-12-13, 04:47 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I bought my BBL from a seller on Craigslist who said that he and his partner have a company that buys discontinued products from Amazon. So they got several BBLs as part of one purchase. The product seems totally genuine to me, complete with everything, and everything is good quality except for the resistance band that is rolls when you put it on, just like all the reviewers complain about.

But then later I heard on 60 Minutes or a similar news show, in a feature about pirated products, that Beachbody is complaining that their products are highly pirated and that the dupes are pretty much indistinguishable from the real thing. I don't know if they are being truthful or just using this as an excuse to stop Amazon sellers and others from being able to sell the product, used or not.

Likewise, I'm not sure whether the Craigslist guy was telling the truth or not. Honestly, I really like the program, but I couldn't have bought it from Beachbody, with the exorbitant cost and shipping too. I was just looking for a decent used copy or a new one that someone had bought and then changed their mind about (we all have those lying around!).
if you do a search here on VF regarding how to identify a pirated set, you'd be very surprised. very innocuous clues that they are fake such as typos in the literature or a "made in China" measuring tape, to very irritating defects such as DVDs freezing or pixilating.... oftentimes, the pixilation occurs in a disc in a set when you're "deep" into the rotation.

it's true regarding BB's statement that many of their sets have been pirated.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach body, beachbody, mary total fitness dvd's, p90x, reselling, totalfitnessdvds