Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-13, 03:06 PM  
Pipi

Cathe's Pyramid upper/lower body premix

I've had the VHS version of these two workouts probably since they came out. I did them in a rotation one summer and got excellent results. I finally acquired the DVD version about a year ago. I did the Bonus Premix this morning for the first time. WHAT A WORKOUT! It was great and I was sweating buckets. If you haven't tried it yet you should. It was a full body workout in about an hour. I went over the hour by 5 minutes because I had to pause a few times to gather equipment or to catch my breath.
Pipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-13, 03:19 PM  
PhyllisG

I have since traded Pyramids but when I still owned it the total body premix was a big favorite and I did it often. Think I will try and get it back again..I have been thinking about it lately. Great workout! Many don't even know it is on the DVD. They are only aware of the U & L body premixes.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-13, 03:52 PM  
cecififi

I did PUB on Monday. I just don't understand why Cathe hasn't done a PUB/PLB remake. These are fantastic and make your muscles really pop. And, everyone raves about them despite their age. I love this DVD(s) and reach for it more often than most. It's a keeper.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-13, 05:13 PM  
ponytail

Oh, I miss the days when Cathe used to put two workouts on one DVD. I LOVE the bonus ME/BC workout on that DVD, love the PUB/PLB premix, love the Step Blast, SJ&P premixes - I could go on and on.

PLB used to be my very favorite lower body workout of all time (before I injured myself in a variety of ways). Can't wait to get back to it someday!

Good job by going over by only 5 minutes! During PLB, I used to take my sweet time pausing the DVD and changing the barbell (i.e. - catching my breath, drinking water, and resting!).
ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-13, 08:53 PM  
desderata

I think that bonus premix is my favorite Cathe strength workout ever and probably in my top 5 total body strength workouts. I agree, great workout, the time flies by, Cathe was at her best in that one.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-13, 09:07 PM  
juberann

Another one to go on my Wish List my Cathe Wish List just keeps growing
Old 06-27-13, 09:11 PM  
juberann

By the way, I'm new to Cathe and her workouts. Can someone tell me why this one is so expensive? $39.95 at totalfitness and Collage.....
Old 06-27-13, 09:22 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I purged my Cathes a few years back,and the Pyramids were the only one I kept. So glad I did!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-13, 09:24 PM  
workoutjunkie

I have had this workout forever and have yet to try this. Maybe because the LB uses heavier weights? I don't know but now I want to try it. Lol
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-13, 09:30 PM  
Pipi

I think it is more expensive because it has two workouts on one DVD.
So much more variety when Cathe did this.
She (Cathe) seems so happy and full of energy in this workout. It makes me
want to work out.
Pipi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramids