Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-10-12, 06:08 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

If like thrift stores, walking w/o's, beach scenes

and you see Kim Lyon's Jenny Craig walking workouts at the thrift store, grab them.

I picked up her intermediate/advanced walk and they are good, solid walks with lots and lots of upper body involvement. She has a ten-minute one that is probably closer to eight minutes, and a 30 minute on the same DVD. There is a cool down on the ten-minute walk that plays no matter what so you would need to fast forward to the 30-minute walk where you start with another warmup to do a slightly longer workout.

Included is an audio CD, but since I have no beach to look at while walking, I probably won't use that

She does tricep kickbacks, punching movements, upright rows, bicep curls, speed bags in addition to the standard walking moves.

She is on a platform with four background walkers and behind her is a expanse of green and the ocean. You get lots of water shots. There is a waist-high hedge behind her that for some reason appears to have bouquets of flowers stuck in and by it. I guess it is to give some interest to all that green. Curious, but inoffensive.

Kim is warm, encouraging; Jenny Craig is mentioned maybe twice. I always listen to a DVD the first time, but I probably will mute from now on. I looked for a copyright to see when this was done but couldn't find one so I don't know how long it has been available.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 11:32 AM  
Jeanne

Speaking of thrift stores I saw a sealed copy of the Firm Wave 3 DVD set ....but no wave.
Would this be worth getting w/o the wave? Is it usable at all?
Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 03:23 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Personally, I wouldn't think those without a Wave would be that much fun. While you could modify some of it, it would probably be about 90 percent of the workouts. But who knows, next time you go back to that thrift store, the Wave may be sitting there. Happened to me. If you were closer, you could have mine.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 03:47 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
Speaking of thrift stores I saw a sealed copy of the Firm Wave 3 DVD set ....but no wave.
Would this be worth getting w/o the wave? Is it usable at all?
no-not at all
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-15, 01:59 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

REVIVAL OF OLD THREAD!

hi - I found this set in a thrift store this past weekend and purchased it. the workout is pretty good. the music is pretty bland, though, compared to Leslie.

i'll be doing the CD workout sometime this week and will report back.

Question: is the beginner/intermediate any good? they had that one too. if you have it, how different is it vs. the intermediate/advanced? are weights used in it?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-15, 03:47 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I found that dvd for 50 cents and just this weekend end gave it away!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-15, 06:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

answering my own question - here's a detailed thread with breakdowns of both:

http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/sho...ht=lyons+jenny

the reviews were also found in the VF review section:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...st.php?id=1229

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach, kim lyon, thrift, thrift store finds, walking