Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-12, 05:58 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I wear a sports bra (love the cute, strappy ones from SanDiegoFit.com) and a pair of short, stretchy running shorts. I can't stand to have anything on my legs or my midrift when I'm sweaty.

If I'm running outside, or it's a bit cooler, I wear a tank top over the sports bra. I've discovered a whole world of great tank tops by buying them in the little girls department at places like Target and Wal-Mart. I buy the size Large. They're usually about $3-$4 and fit perfectly!

I don't wear cute clothes because I need them to motivate me, or because anybody might see me. I wear cute/stylish workout clothes for ME! I love great clothes period, and workout clothes are no exception!
Old 06-19-12, 07:20 AM  
lovely4deb
VF Supporter

zaggora hot pants

Well yes, ok they did cost some bucks,
but I am very motivated by the results.
Here is a quote from the zaggora website
"In 30 minutes of exercise, weight loss is around 4x greater in HotPants than in a standard garment. On average, subjects lost 1.13% of body mass in HotPants compared to 0.27% in the control garment."
I pull these puppies off and its like I've been swimming!!
lovely4deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 04:00 PM  
FirmDeb

All of my workout clothes have come from TJ Maxx. I love having a workout wardrobe and the prices are good. But I am going to reward myself by splurging once I complete my 6 week (I'm in week 3) workout program. I'm going to treat myself to a new top from Athleta. They have some really cute clothes so I'm going to buy a new tank top.
FirmDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 10:52 PM  
videofit

Nothing.
Old 06-19-12, 11:13 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Nothing.
Nice if you can manage it, but I've got too many wobbly-bouncy parts.

I wear whatever I can get cheaply from Target (the Champion C-9 collection: pants, capris and shorts along with comfortable tops) with sturdy sports bras underneath and then I wear them all to death. This is what I wear to Zumba as well. At home, it's usually no shoes, sometimes barefoot, sometimes Toe Sox, and a pony tail elastic for my hair. Pretty low maintenance.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 02:12 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Nice if you can manage it, but I've got too many wobbly-bouncy parts.

I wear whatever I can get cheaply from Target (the Champion C-9 collection: pants, capris and shorts along with comfortable tops) with sturdy sports bras underneath and then I wear them all to death. This is what I wear to Zumba as well. At home, it's usually no shoes, sometimes barefoot, sometimes Toe Sox, and a pony tail elastic for my hair. Pretty low maintenance.
I live in the tropics and as far as warmth goes, I could be naked most of the time. But I hate the feeling of sweaty skin sticking to itself. So I wear ratty but supportive sports bras and similarly disreputable boxer shorts. I also can't stand the feel of pants or shirts on my middle when I'm sweaty. When I walk outside I'll put on a tank top for the benefit of the public, but that's the extent of it. I'm not one who has ever found clothes of any kind motivating, much to the despair of my fashion minded mom and sister.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 08:58 AM  
desie

Wow! I love the SanDiegoFit.com printed fabrics! Colours! Thanks for sharing! I also like to look great when I'm working out, but of course wear cheapo yoga shorts and a racerback bra top, I just couldn't wreck any expensive pieces of clothing that I might own by working out in them. I mean, they are soaked with sweat and mangled in the laundry sink afterwards.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout clothes