Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-12, 12:24 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
I love Danskin from Walmart! Cute stuff for a great $ !
+1

I used to just throw on an old tee and shorts but I wanted to see my form better too. Plus I wanted to be able to see my progress as I got fitter. I really like the Danskin racer back tanks and shorts in matching colors. They look good enough to wear to a gym (like that's ever going to happen as long as there are DVD workouts) but they only cost like $8 or $9 a piece. They hold up really well after wash and wear too.
Old 06-18-12, 12:37 PM  
MsThistlebottom

After having worked out in grunge clothing for years, I recently treated myself to some really nice racerback tops and capris from Beyond Yoga. I also like Marika and Champion stuff from Target.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 12:39 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

At home: Lulu shorts + bra

At the dance studio: Lulu pants/crops + bra + tank

Wearing cute and functional clothes definitely motivates me
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 01:20 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
I love Danskin from Walmart! Cute stuff for a great $ !
I wait till they go on super duper clearance and get the $8 tops for $2. I don't even want to pay $8.
Old 06-18-12, 01:40 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakFitness View Post
I wait till they go on super duper clearance and get the $8 tops for $2. I don't even want to pay $8.
Yep. I got all of my Danskin tank tops on sale (one for each day of the week!)
(but I think I paid $3/each....)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 01:50 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

shorts and a tshirt. The same tshirt I slept in the night before. And a sports bra, of course. I am too cheap to buy clothes that are only used for working out, with the exception of cycle shorts.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 01:50 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I love the Champion line from Target. I have tons of cute tops and shorts to mix and match. In the winter I'll switch the shorts to workout capris, most of which I got at Costco. You can get some great deals on Adidas or Nike stuff.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 02:06 PM  
Aunt Famous

Workout skirt, sports bra, throw on a top when I go out to walk Mr. Dog -- and ALWAYS lipstick, the by-product of a good southern upbringing with a good southern mom who always said, "Aren't you forgetting something?" The answer was always lipstick.

AF
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 02:48 PM  
isebelleg44

Whatever I can find at Target, Marshalls & TJ Max cheap. I have also had luck at the Gap whenever they have their activewear on sale. I like tank tops, workout capris and shorts. Sport bra with a bra underneath if I am doing high impact for additional support. I found a sports bra at Victoria Secret last year that provided awesome support without the uniboob look. I looked online since they are having their sale, but don't see it anymore.

I am also on the hunt for running shorts that have pockets big enough to hold my iphone.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 03:20 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

A really good, supporting, racer-back sports bra, a racer-back tank top (sometimes...sometimes it's just the sports bra), and short mesh shorts, usually. I also almost never wear shoes to workout at home. If I do wear shoes, it's my jazz sneakers because they are so lightweight and comfy

I like racer back tops and bras because I can see my back and shoulder muscles (or lack thereof, depending on where I am at in my fitness journey!), which is very motivating to me, because I like to develop those areas the most.

Tags
workout clothes