Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-12, 09:21 AM  
marmact

What do you wear to work out?

I used to just throw on whatever to work out (think my SO's boxers and t-shirts), but as I have gotten back into shape, I've found (strangely?) that I actually feel more motivated when I'm wearing cute workout clothes.

I mostly buy my gear at Target/TJ Maxx, but I'm so tempted to buy higher-end stuff! (However, I draw the line at $60 tank tops, sheesh.) I've also discovered I love those cute little workout skirts. Saturday I did a HC workout and Sandra was wearing a skirt, so I put mine on, too. LOL

Anyway, how about you? I can't be the only one who finds it motivating to look cute in my basement at 5:30 AM, with no audience other than my cat.
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:24 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I used to just throw on whatever to work out (think my SO's boxers and t-shirts), but as I have gotten back into shape, I've found (strangely?) that I actually feel more motivated when I'm wearing cute workout clothes.

I mostly buy my gear at Target/TJ Maxx, but I'm so tempted to buy higher-end stuff! (However, I draw the line at $60 tank tops, sheesh.) I've also discovered I love those cute little workout skirts. Saturday I did a HC workout and Sandra was wearing a skirt, so I put mine on, too. LOL

Anyway, how about you? I can't be the only one who finds it motivating to look cute in my basement at 5:30 AM, with no audience other than my cat.
This is what I still wear. LOL! I do not spend money on my workout clothes. I did when I worked out at the gym though.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:33 AM  
upperwside

I cannot stand the feeling of anything on me while i work out. I wear a Lululeon ta-ta tamer (the best support workout bra ever).. and very tiny shorts with a very low waist. I cannot ever wear pants.. feels grose while working out. I like to see my body when i workout as well... keeps me on track. I work out in the morning so no one is around to see me.. but i am a vain person (in a good way i think) and need to look good and feel good at all times.

If i were to work out in a gym.. i would wear the same sports bra (no need to cover it up as it gives good full coverage).. but i would wear running shorts, still small and short but not as exposed. I have to feel good while working out... just would not want my bum hanging out at a gym.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:35 AM  
alisoncooks

I generally wear yoga capris and a tank top (both cheap-o from Walmart/Target).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:38 AM  
ldy_solana

I found a great deal at Ollies for these Champion dri tech shirts so I grabbed a ton of them intended for running. They made a difference with my workouts b/c I tend to sweat A LOT and just feels uncomfortable without the shirts! Bottoms, just depends, usually regular softee shorts, sometimes basketball shorts (with a long sleeve dri tech shirt I have the Bob Harper style going without the black socks though LOL), I have capris and pants for running only. The only real workout clothing I splurge on his my running gear b/c I do find it's worth the extr $$. I also have a Maxx, Ross, and Ollies that tend to sell these things cheaper then sporting goods/running stores.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 10:06 AM  
Blackadar

I wear a the synthetic tee-shirts when I work out now.

You see, when I work out, I don't perspire. I SWEAT. I get a big manly sweat that will literally drench my tee-shirt and even start to get on my shorts. The synthetics feel better than cotton when they're wet - and they will get wet on this ride.

Of course, it's getting humid enough now that I'm shedding the tee-shirt entirely when out on my 5 AM runs. I'm sure seeing a half-naked man running through the development at that time of the morning either:

1. Makes people choke on their morning coffee.
2. Makes people run to the phone to call 911.

I'm surprised I haven't heard from the HOA yet about it.
Old 06-18-12, 10:16 AM  
ldy_solana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I wear a the synthetic tee-shirts when I work out now.

You see, when I work out, I don't perspire. I SWEAT. I get a big manly sweat that will literally drench my tee-shirt and even start to get on my shorts. The synthetics feel better than cotton when they're wet - and they will get wet on this ride.

Of course, it's getting humid enough now that I'm shedding the tee-shirt entirely when out on my 5 AM runs. I'm sure seeing a half-naked man running through the development at that time of the morning either:

1. Makes people choke on their morning coffee.
2. Makes people run to the phone to call 911.

I'm surprised I haven't heard from the HOA yet about it.
I am sure the only complaints are from the green-eyed husbands whose wives are watching the shirtless man running LOL

I sweat for no good reason sometimes, even just sitting there. One weekend, making a trip to UVA where my DH is getting treatments, I was soaked in the underarms! In a car with A/C and I still managed to sweat pit stains into my t-shirt! Embarrassing! So you can imagine exerting myself can get a little sloppy with the sweat.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 10:17 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Right now I strip down to my underwear and put on a sports bra most of the time.

I think when I get in better in shape I would enjoy some cute workout clothes.

What I REALLY want is some of the stuff sold by my favorite instructors, etc, that has their logos and sayings on it. However, none of them ever carry plus sizes so I can't until I lose some weight.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 10:17 AM  
cherimac

I like cute workout clothes but mine come from Target, TJMaxx, Ross, etc.
Old 06-18-12, 10:23 AM  
sherry7899

Sassy-when Leslie's Sansone's company messed up an order I placed from their website, they sent me a Leslie shirt to compensate for the mistake. I was so happy they had one in plus size.

If I ever lose enough, I will definitely treat myself to some Kelly Coffey Meyer shirts

My workout clothes are courtesy of Walmart, Kmart, Ross, etc....I like the Danskin stuff from Walmart.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout clothes