Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-12, 05:10 PM  
isebelleg44

Horizontal Conditioning Ouch!

I did HC 1 today and was brought to tears by some of the exercises. I had to modify some of the moves, something I am not used doing as an advanced exerciser. But it was the only way I could finish some of the moves and I wanted to finish. There is no way that you could not get results from this workout.

Now I need to purchase a body bar and more workouts! Man I am sick!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 09:39 AM  
lisa122

I did this one just the other day and HOLY!!! was I struggling. The bar on the step is definitely something I will have to work up to. I felt like I wasn't strong enough in my wrists to do that move.

Anyways, I think this is one I will use regularly. I have to tackle those one legged, bent over hops.

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 10:14 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I did HC 1 today and was brought to tears by some of the exercises. I had to modify some of the moves, something I am not used doing as an advanced exerciser. But it was the only way I could finish some of the moves and I wanted to finish. There is no way that you could not get results from this workout.

Now I need to purchase a body bar and more workouts! Man I am sick!
I think Volume 1 is such a great workout and challenging. Her leg/Glute work had my glutes screaming. I have been doing HC for a month tomorrow. I can see a huge difference in what I can do now than I could before. Keep at it and you will be seeing good results and progress farther than you thought you could.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 10:31 AM  
isebelleg44

I want to be able to the entire series of exercises with a bar. I need to get a bodybar with padding, so the moves are more comfortable.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Old 06-02-12, 10:34 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I think Volume 1 is such a great workout and challenging. Her leg/Glute work had my glutes screaming. I have been doing HC for a month tomorrow. I can see a huge difference in what I can do now than I could before. Keep at it and you will be seeing good results and progress farther than you thought you could.

Cheryl
Thank you so much for the encouragement! This makes Cathe's Afterburn, the only workout that I have similar to this, look like childsplay! I just want to get better at this and have my eye on the other workouts.

From what I have read of your posts, I want to be you when I grow up! You are such an inspiration.

Old 06-02-12, 10:36 AM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Hey guys, I have resumed training sparginly ( due to back issues, should know finally in a week or so if I need a surgery at the spine ) so back and core are weak like they have never had in all my life.
I did a few time the TA ^muscle work^ and a few times her cardio ( which bother me much more ) but this HC sounds great.
I ordered getting started and getting stronger and BC plus # 2.
Do you think getting started and getting stronger can be used to start to work on core again or they are too advanced ?

Any other suggestion for building back core keeping an eye on a very messed up spine ?

Also for who has the club workouts, which one are needing no equipment or just gliding ? I am thinking of when I will be able to resume my full time schedule travelling and I won't have access to weigts, barbells or step !
TIA !
Old 06-02-12, 11:29 AM  
ckfromca

I did Volume 2 two days ago and to quote Toby M "Holy Guacamole". I couldn't do all the exercises for the full amount of time and I consider myself advanced. I had major DOMS for a couple of days in the core. However, my back has been hurting since I did the workout. Right in the middle of my back, which is new for me. Maybe my form in the plank work was lacking? I'm a little anxious about trying the workout again.
ckfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 11:52 AM  
Tugger31

If I only got 1 or 2 HC workouts from Volumes 1-4 and Bootcamp which ones should I get and why?? I dont own a body bar, and not into using the stability ball much if its used for alot of pikes b/c I cant do one!

Thanks helping me spend my money wisely
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 12:50 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Exclamation

Sorry if it had been posted yet but wanted to share with you guys, this is a reply from Sandra :

Hi Samantha. The club DVDs - January through December - are Volume 1 club DVDs that were made in 2011-2012. I am working on the 12 DVDs for Volume 2, which will not be out until next year. This week there will be a special put on my website where you can buy all 12 Volume 1 Club DVDs at one time for a special price. The other option is getting one per month (by joining the Horizontal DVD Club). Just let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks so much for your interest in Horizontal Conditioning! Sandra
Old 06-04-12, 01:27 PM  
marmact

I did volume 3 today - love love love it!

We have a check in for people who are doing these workouts. Just sayin'.
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, horizontal conditioning