Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-12, 02:02 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
I just discovered these!! They look like a lot of fun and something that I would like to use with TA.

Do you all still like them, use them, how do they compare to Zumba Exhilarate??

Lots of questions I know

Thanks!!
I sent mine back for a refund. It wasn't necessarily the workouts themselves; it was more of an issue that I didn't feel the set was worth the price. Not sure if that helps...hopefully someone else will chime in as well.
Old 07-18-12, 02:05 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
I just discovered these!! They look like a lot of fun and something that I would like to use with TA.

Do you all still like them, use them, how do they compare to Zumba Exhilarate??

Lots of questions I know

Thanks!!
Hi- I can't compare to Zumba because I've never really tried it, but they are soo much fun. Yes there's a little learning curve and some higher impact moves, but there is a modifier in most of them. The only issues I had was the way they were packaged. They came packaged similar to Turbo Fire/UY and as I get more into the program some of them were freezing. Needless to say I'm returning them for replacements, but Customer Service has been great! My 2 year old is having a rough nap today so I gotta fly! I'll try to come back later
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 02:24 PM  
pcramer

Oh, my hopes are rising!! They do look like fun
Old 07-18-12, 02:30 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
They came packaged similar to Turbo Fire/UY and as I get more into the program some of them were freezing.
For what it's worth, I experienced freezing as well and some of my discs (only 2 or 3) appeared scratched.
Old 07-18-12, 03:27 PM  
Honeydew

I shouldn't have read this thread..I want this set now!!

**what are the dance plyos/dance drills like??**
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 03:51 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
I shouldn't have read this thread..I want this set now!!

**what are the dance plyos/dance drills like??**

I was just starting my third week when I decided to exchange them and the plyos start in the 3rd week. From what I saw when I preview them, they're about 20-25 minutes long. Don't quote me, but she takes ( for example) a piece from samba or jive and kicks it up to make it very fast w/ jumps and touchdowns. You do a specific sequence 3 or 4 times and then take like a 30 second rest before moving to the next drill. But I haven't had a chance to try yet. They look like a HIIT, but not quite as intense although I may change my mind after I actually try one I do agree that these are expensive which is why I decided not to deal w/ freezing issues no matter how little they were. But for me they're so fun and I'm just getting back into cardio after many months of yoga. The time flies and I love her personality. And darn it all- I will learn to shake my hips and move my body as well as she does- one day! I'm having fun trying no matter how silly I may look.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
core rhythms, dance workouts, figure 8 fitness, jaana kunitz