Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-11, 11:10 AM  
buffmama

Body Bar Workouts

I'm looking at Gliding Booty Beautiful, BodyBar Power and Grace, and BodyBar On the Ball. The price is great but only if they're good and I use them. Who has used these and what are your thoughts on them? I'll also be getting Ripple since my VHS is used quite a bit. I seem to be gravitating to Mindy, Keli, Amy Bento for strength lately. How different/same are they to Mindy's other workouts? Thanks.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 12:47 PM  
txfitmom

I don't have the ones you mentioned, but I have Mindy's Body Bar and Ball Basics. I really like that one, it actually has a few tough moves in there and Mindy is her usual fun energetic self which makes the workout even better. Maybe someone else can give you input on those others, I have been eyeing that Booty Beautiful one myself!

I just looked at the clip of that Body Bar on the Ball workout you mentioned and that one looks good with good music too! I may have talked myself into it.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 01:29 PM  
buffmama

txfitmom,
Body Bar On the Ball looks like it might be a compilation of some of the other workouts since it has a few instructors and the clip seemed like Lashauna's Equanimity. Not a deal breaker for me. Hoping others chime in.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 02:17 PM  
txfitmom

I am glad you mentioned that, because I have Equanimity (of course I have never even done it) and maybe I don't need another one if it is a compilation.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 03:25 PM  
pumptmuscle

You'll like Ripple and Power & Grace. It's hard to go wrong with any of the BB workouts. Deep Definition is another fave.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 04:47 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

When they first came out Mindy's Basics and Lashaun's Equanimity ball workouts were on the same DVD as On the Ball. Then they got split onto two DVDs and On the Ball was no longer sold. Now it appears either version is available. So, there are just two ball workouts available either together or separately.

If it makes a difference to you, when I bought the Ripple DVD it was a purple-backed DVD-R. I still love the workout but that wasn't mentioned in the description. You might want to check if that's still the case.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 04:51 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Is a body bar really worth investing in - does it really up the intensity of a workout?
Old 12-06-11, 09:17 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have both Gliding Booty beautiful and power and grace and like them both. They both use the gliding disks - I use my Valslides. The power and grace one is with Mindy and Kelly. It is not as advanced as Mindy's other workouts that I have tried (workout!, bosu blast, ) I like both of these body bar workouts but don't do them because I have too many DVDs!

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 09:36 PM  
pumptmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Is a body bar really worth investing in - does it really up the intensity of a workout?
Ali good news...you can make your own body bar very inexpensively. Check out this thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=make+body+bar

I love body bar workouts since they're often functional and offer lots more moves than barbell workouts. They're much more challenging than using no weight or something light like a broomstick or dowel.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 04:51 AM  
spaceygirl

Smile Body Bar

I have a wonderful old Donna Read workout called All Out Strength which uses a body bar. I have it on VHS but maybe it is available on DVD. It is a great, hour long, total body strenth workout.
spaceygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar