Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-11, 06:56 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

ever go crazy over a misplaced workout?

for about 2 days, i was trying to find 2 of my leslie walk slim DVDs (4RBM, fast start + 3 fast miles, 1 more....).

i checked my multitude of containers (they each fit about 30 dvds in their cases), 2-3x.

today, when i was looking for another workout, i found the misplaced ones, in a different container than what i expected. the funny thing is, i probably "walked" right past them the other times when i was fervently looking for them!!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 07:34 PM  
PhyllisG

That's funny. I lost fast start also and tore apart my shelves looking for it. Turned up a month later caught behind something on the shelf I had searched. Even called friends asking if I had loaned it to them.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 07:39 PM  
MARIKA

I have a recurring dream where I'm tearing apart my entire house looking for this awesome Kathy Smith workout I've only done once. I haven't done a Kathy workout in over 10 years so it goes to show how long I have been having this dream.
Old 11-30-11, 08:16 PM  
PLS

I can absolutely relate! I sometimes think about doing a workout at bedtime and then the next morning I want to get started immediately and I start looking where I "know" the workout should be. I spent 3 days looking for my wave workouts one time, they were in the exact spot I had been looking but the cases were not the color my brain was looking for so I didn't see them! It always seems to happen with my sets which should be easy to find! I even have the workouts organized into themes which should make it even easier to find them, but sometimes it just DOESN'T! I think it is similar to the little gremlin that hides the socks in the dryer.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 08:20 PM  
Irisg1

LOL, I thought this could only happen to me! LOL.
Old 11-30-11, 08:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I have gone crazy like that. One I still have not found, to this day! Maddening!! The second one I finally realized I must have given to a friend. Others, I have found, like you.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 08:27 PM  
furmomof6

Yes!! I was also going crazy looking for one of my Leslie's not that long ago and couldn't find it anywhere. It didn't make sense to me because I honestly did not remember giving it away or lending it out. About a week later it mysteriously appeared in my workout area! I said to DH - where did this come from?? He reminded me that during Hurricane Irene, I had moved a bunch of my workouts to a closet on our second level just in case the downstairs flooded out. Not only had Leslie "re-appeared", but a bunch of others I forgot I had! It was like Christmas!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 09:20 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

ALL THE TIME! My MOST frustrating times are when I lose the note that was supposed to remind me of something.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 09:29 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Yes, I have misplaced a workout and about driven myself crazy trying to find it... and not being able to find it at 4:45 a.m. is not good because I can waste a lot of time hunting for something....

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 10:01 PM  
tigerbaby

A few weeks ago I went looking for Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2 and couldn't find it anywhere. I not only tore my apartment apart once, but 4 times looking for it. By the last time, I was just having fits flinging crap everywhere. I ended up having to repurchase it on Amazon.

Tags
dreams - weird, hurricanes, misplaced items, old thread alert, vidiocy