Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-11, 11:07 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Has anyone here done the Lorna Kleidman "Body Sculpting with Kettlebells" program?

I did the first workout from the Silver Program (the beginning) this morning, and liked it, but looking ahead through the next few workouts, I thought it seemed a little...unorthodox? While most other programs have you doing a ton of swings every workout, and there were 3 sets of 10 swings today, the next two workouts have no swings at all, and the fourth workout has a swing/jumping jacks ladder. There are also isolation exercises like overhead tricep press.

I know a lot of people here like this book. How do you like the program?

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 07:14 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

No one has done this?

Well, I looked at the beginning of the book, and she dedicates it to the Kettlebell Concepts/Kettlenetics people. That helps explain things.

On to something else...

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 10-04-11, 09:03 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Well, I looked at the beginning of the book, and she dedicates it to the Kettlebell Concepts/Kettlenetics people. That helps explain things.
Hmmm ... That's good to know. Thanks.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 12:00 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
No one has done this?

On to something else...

whoa! glad i never wasted the money on this book, now!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 01:23 PM  
jerebo

I personally haven't done it myself, but I believe some VFers have and really like this book. It is true that she was initially trained by the Kettlenetics people, but she's gone on to be a World Champion in Girevoy Sport--which is serious stuff, not at all like Kettlenetics. You might check out the long thread on her upcoming DVD--IIRC someone wrote about the book in that thread.
Old 10-04-11, 02:46 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo View Post
I personally haven't done it myself, but I believe some VFers have and really like this book. It is true that she was initially trained by the Kettlenetics people, but she's gone on to be a World Champion in Girevoy Sport--which is serious stuff, not at all like Kettlenetics. You might check out the long thread on her upcoming DVD--IIRC someone wrote about the book in that thread.
I did see that thread, and that's why I thought this book would be more "traditional" style, rather than Paul Katami-style.

Old 10-04-11, 02:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Maybe Gibbee could help? She started the other thread; I wonder if she has had more experience with Lorna.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 05:21 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I did do the silver level workouts but I didn't push myself (kind of chicken on whether I was using good form since I've only had one lesson w/ an RKC) but I did ask for tips from Lorna and she even sent me a youtube video link on doing the swing clean. I have considered doing it again but increasing the bell weight. I can see how it would be effective... I didn't find that I needed the longer breaks, either. Maybe that's from doing lots of Cathe and Kelly?

How she has changed her body and become a 2x world champ with bell is very inspiring! Have you seen this youtube video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXJ8x...layer_embedded Egads!

Now I'm not completely sure how the style will be in her DVD. If it is similar to her classes (you can see class clips on her website) then I could see it being a lighter bell, higher reps, etc. but I'm not sure she is leaning that way. Here is a link to her kettlebell academy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exSzP...eature=related I would love to attend one of her classes.

Last time I emailed Lorna she was still on schedule for a release sometime in November. I can't wait to see what she has developed.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 10:05 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Thanks, Gibbee. I'm glad she's a world champion and all, and her class does look fun, but I thought it was weird to see tricep presses in a kettlebell workout.

I think I'll skip to the Gold program, which looks more like what I'm used to, and has swings in every workout.

Tags
kettlebell, kettlenetics, lorna kleidman