Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-11, 05:16 AM  
horsemom2

I am a fan of Kettlenetics and was surprised how much I liked the Kathy Smith kettlebell dvd with music only. Obviously, I prefer using a light kb in AWT rather than heavy purist-type kb workouts. Also liked the Firm's kettlebell workout and many pseudo-kettlebell workouts, many of which use a single dumb bell and using a kettlebell in place of a medball.

Barb S
who even likes using a kettlebell with the Smartbell workouts, in spite of owning 2 smartbells!
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 05:19 AM  
Vanity68

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I am a fan of Kettlenetics and was surprised how much I liked the Kathy Smith kettlebell dvd with music only. Obviously, I prefer using a light kb in AWT rather than heavy purist-type kb workouts. Also liked the Firm's kettlebell workout and many pseudo-kettlebell workouts, many of which use a single dumb bell and using a kettlebell in place of a medball.

Barb S
who even likes using a kettlebell with the Smartbell workouts, in spite of owning 2 smartbells!

Barb, I dont do heavy kb's....I prefer the lighter ones too...boy was I sore...my inner thighs esp...and my arms and upper back..and glutes...lol...
Old 04-21-11, 07:23 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post

Barb S
Barb,

Thank you for mentioning this. I think this is what I'm looking for! Other rec? What size do you use?
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 07:28 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Those Kettlenetics are deceptively hard. I have my set and kbell loaned out right now. Maybe when I'm done with my Tracey Mallet Quickblast rotation I'll do some AWT with those.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 07:42 AM  
horsemom2

My favorite KB to use has become the Kathy Smith 5 lb one cuz of its very large handle but I still use the Kettlenetics 4 and 8 lb ones and the 3 lb Kathy Smith, depending on the move.

Barb S
who has short arms so the larger KB and handle enables me to do the under the leg stuff
Old 04-21-11, 08:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

This thread reminded me how much I enjoyed kettlenetics when I was doing it pretty regularly about a year and a half ago. I think I tweaked my back and stopped doing it but should try to incorporate it back in again, carefully of course.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 09:44 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Barb,

Can you give me a list of pseudo-kettlebells that you like?
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 10:48 AM  
caligurl

wow..... something tells me i shouldn't have read this thread....
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 12:52 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Barb,

Can you give me a list of pseudo-kettlebells that you like?
There are quite a few of them I have scatted about but these I had set aside when I recently reorganized my collection:
Jillian's Shred it Weights (Level 1 is on Exercise TV)
10 minute solutions Kettlebell Ultimate Fatburner,
Amy Dixon's Give Me 10,
Walmart's Gold's Gym Boot Camp Bikini Body
Bob Harper's Body Rev Cardio conditioning
Denise Austin's 3 week Bootcamp

Barb S
who also likes some of Katami's KB Kombos and Drills but would love them if the music were louder
Old 04-21-11, 01:34 PM  
LolaBlue

kettlebell newbie

I was thinking about getting the Kettlenetics 8Lb set, but I've never used a KB before. those of you familiar w/ it, do you think it would be too heavy for me to start with? I would get the 4Lb, but I think it's just too light, but 8Lb is a little intimidating to a newbie.

Tags
kettlenetics