Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-11, 08:10 AM  
kauaigirl

Location: Wisconsin. But I'll always be a Michigan girl at heart!
Facebook weight loss support group information!

In response to Sherry's thread below, I have set up a Facebook weight loss support group. Since many people were concerned about privacy, I have made it a completely "secret" group - meaning only people in the group can see any of the posts you've made or even know that you're in the group. Because of this limitation, however, you must be "friends" with me as the administrator so I can add you to the group. It is completely fine with me if you add me to your limited profile friend list. I promise I won't take offense.

After some thought, I decided to name the group "Beautiful Losers." I didn't want to put "VF" in the name as this is not officially VF sanctioned and I wanted something that would be cute and kind of irreverent. Hope you like it.

Please EMAIL me with your real name or FB link and I will add you as a friend and add you to the group.

Thanks!
Sherri
Old 02-10-11, 12:10 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Thanks! I emailed you.

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 12:11 PM  
F1mom

Thanks, I emailed you, too.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 12:25 PM  
kauaigirl

I have sent friend requests to everyone who has emailed me and I'm adding everyone to the group as quickly as possible. If you emailed me and haven't received a friend request in return, please email me again or PM me because that means I didn't get your message.

The only person I received email from that I haven't added is "believer02." I couldn't find you on FB. I have emailed and PMd you with instructions for remedying this situation.

I look forward to seeing everyone there. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

Sherri
Old 02-11-11, 11:07 PM  
kauaigirl

I am still adding people to the group as requests come in. If you have emailed me and haven't received a FB invitation in reply, please email again or PM me. Also, please make sure you have your privacy settings set so that you are searchable at least until I add you. I can't add you if I can't find you.

It is easiest for me if you send me your FB link. You can just cut and paste from your home page. It will look like this:

www.facebook.com/yournamehere

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

The group is off and running, but new people are welcome to join at any time.

Thanks!
Sherri
Old 03-16-11, 08:51 AM  
kauaigirl

I have received several requests to add new members over the last few days. Everyone who has sent me an email has been sent a friend request. As soon as you confirm me, I will add you to the group. New members are welcome to join at any time!

If you have sent me an email and have NOT received a friend request, then chances are I didn't get your email. Please re-send.

Thanks!
Sherri
Old 03-16-11, 10:31 AM  
Melody

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaigirl View Post
In response to Sherry's thread below, I have set up a Facebook weight loss support group. .

Thanks!
Sherri

Can you post a link to this thread?

thanks
Old 03-16-11, 10:37 AM  
sherry7899

Hi Melody,

Here you go:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=161028

Take care,
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 11:04 AM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaigirl View Post
I have received several requests to add new members over the last few days. Everyone who has sent me an email has been sent a friend request. As soon as you confirm me, I will add you to the group. New members are welcome to join at any time!

If you have sent me an email and have NOT received a friend request, then chances are I didn't get your email. Please re-send.

Thanks!
Sherri
I have friended you, but how do I find the group now?

(Does the sad face look pathetic enough? LOL)
Old 03-16-11, 11:39 AM  
kauaigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I have friended you, but how do I find the group now?

(Does the sad face look pathetic enough? LOL)
Amy, I think I just missed you in a flurry of requests. I'm really sorry. You have been added now.

For anyone else who is interested and wants to join, the most efficient way for me to add you to the group is to send me a link to your Facebook page. It looks like this:

www.facebook.com/yournamehere

Or cut and paste the link that you see when you're on your profile page.

I will then send you a friend request and, as soon as you confirm me, I will add you to the group. I'm sorry for the additional step, but in order to keep the group "secret" (i.e. no one who isn't a member can see any of the postings - not even friends of the group members unless those friends are also members), I had to do it this way. It is not a public group and is not publicly searchable. I am the only person who can add someone to the group (although you can remove yourself at any time once you've been added).

Hope that helps!

Sherri

Tags
old thread alert