Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-09, 04:08 PM  
Inchworm

I have had this kit for quite a while and liked it at first, but only did a couple of the workouts. Then, I got into the heavy kbell stuff. I'm currently doing CLX and I decided to take out that cute little bell and did that Cardio toning one that you mentioned and it was a good little workout. She did some nice upper body moves and good push-up sequence. I really liked the workout and I also worked up a sweat too. I did this one in place of an interval workout from CLX. Today I did Push 1 and I'm feeling a bit sore.

Now I'm curious about the other ones too. I do find some of the moves are a little too quick for my taste and I don't much care for "going around the world" by turning and facing each corner to do the same moves. I prefer to just do them facing the tv so I don't torque my knee.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 06:39 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
I don't much care for "going around the world" by turning and facing each corner to do the same moves. I prefer to just do them facing the tv so I don't torque my knee.

Kelly
I do the same thing. I have carpet in my gym. It is tightly woven, but still carpet. So I am very careful with knees and continue facing the tv.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 11:37 AM  
Inchworm

I did another Kettlenetics workout today and I'm really glad I kept this set. I did my Powerstrikes workout first to work the legs and then I put in Kettlenetics Target toning and did the Upper body and the Standing Core segments and they were really nice. I was surprised that since I am currently doing a CLX rotation and the Upper body shoulder work had my shoulders screaming! I like it.

If you don't think about these as traditional true Kettlebell workouts and just think of them as good fat burning and toning, it is a great workout.

I will continue to check out more of these that I have.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 03:24 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
Edited to add: I don't want to insinuate that kb (kickbox) side crunch moves are bad or you shouldn't do them!

<snip>

Anything that encourages a strong core is good, so keep on keepin on, this was a strictly personal observation for ME, so hopefully I won't be blasted too hard with "how can you SAY those are bad", haha, they are not.
Thanks for saying so, especially without being "blasted." I didn't get the idea that you were saying (or meant to say) anything like that, but there's a troubling tendency on exercise forums to blast, or at least to dismiss, exercises that didn't lead to one's preferred aesthetic results, no matter what else those exercises do. Thanks again, then, for saying what you said here.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread!
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 09:57 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
I did another Kettlenetics workout today and I'm really glad I kept this set. I did my Powerstrikes workout first to work the legs and then I put in Kettlenetics Target toning and did the Upper body and the Standing Core segments and they were really nice. I was surprised that since I am currently doing a CLX rotation and the Upper body shoulder work had my shoulders screaming! I like it.

If you don't think about these as traditional true Kettlebell workouts and just think of them as good fat burning and toning, it is a great workout.

I will continue to check out more of these that I have.

Kelly
I do think that that is key for enjoying these workouts. You don't want to go into them with pure Kettlebell workouts in mind. But to me, this is the perfect adjunct to that heavier work. There are moves that are very good functionally that could never (by me) be done with a super heavy kb, and I am all about cross-training anyway, so I am happy. And geeze, the price at under $40 for several workouts, I can't complain!

Mother Teresa - Personal Trainer? Who knew!?

Old 06-08-09, 10:50 AM  
Honeydew

I finally had the chance to do the 20 min. flow motion basics. it's a great workout....gets a lotdone in a short amount of time and I was pretty sore for a few days after.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 10:57 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

So are these dance-y? Someone on Amazon said it took them a few tries to get the choreo down, and that's usually a guarantee I won't be able to do them. Did anyone else find them confusing?
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 12:22 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
So are these dance-y? Someone on Amazon said it took them a few tries to get the choreo down, and that's usually a guarantee I won't be able to do them. Did anyone else find them confusing?
Well, there were several discs, and I have only "done" 3, the tutorial, basics and the tone/cardio one, but dancy? Not in the ones I have done. I mean the moves 'flow', but you can pretty much stand in one place through the entire thing. So far anyway.

Old 06-08-09, 01:05 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I CONFESS: after poo-pooing kettlebell-lite workouts in the past, I was somehow mesmerized into buying this by a late-night QVC sales pitch. It's actually a pretty fun workout, and not lame at all! While there are some things that make the hardcore KBer in me cringe (the forearm-banging clean style with too wide an arc, the too-bent-forward swing style), I think for what they are (functional fitness, core-oriented, flowing movement workouts using a weight) they are quite well done.

I like regular KB, but I also like this.

NOT something I'd recommend for someone to try out KB's with the intent of doing more traditional KB workouts (you'd pick up some bad form habits that you'd have to break--like that wide swing on the cleans--in order to do traditional/heavier KB workouts safely), but good if you never intend to do regular KB, OR if you already know regular KB and are looking for something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
Sarah: I didn't find them confusing, and I'm no choreo hound (for example, I won't attempt Amy Bento's step workouts). There are some tricky moves that involve turning, but I do them without the turns (more to keep from whacking into something than because they are that difficult).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 01:31 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Thanks, ladies! That helped a bunch, especially as I'm not coordinated enough for Amy Bento either.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlenetics