Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-09, 04:41 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you Barb and Red!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 08:28 PM  
carole r.

Are you talking about the workouts with the 4 lb KB? I heard that she was going to do a new one with an 8 lb. Has that come out yet? I really like the one that I bought in retail. I sometimes do the WO with my 7 lb KB.
Old 06-04-09, 06:24 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole r. View Post
Are you talking about the workouts with the 4 lb KB? I heard that she was going to do a new one with an 8 lb. Has that come out yet? I really like the one that I bought in retail. I sometimes do the WO with my 7 lb KB.
The deluxe set which you only can order by phone comes with an 8 lb Kettlebell, Flow Motion Dance dvd and Total Body Blast dvd. However, the red kb is still used by Michelle and most of the class on these dvds. I couldn't handle the 8 lb kb for these other than basic swings cuz Total Body Blast is faster and choppier than Flow Motion Basics and Cardio Balanced. Maybe there is a *new* workout using an 8 lb kb in the works but it is probably just these deluxe set workouts you were hearing about?

Barb S
who traded the Deluxe workouts but kept the 8 lb kb intending to try it with the basic kettlenetics dvds and medball dvds when my golfer's elbow feels ready
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 07:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I was on the Kettlenetics website yesterday and it appeared that the basic set and the deluxe set were being sold for $39.90. Could this be? If that's the case, it sounds like a good deal. I'm just wondering now if I read it wrong I think the only thing it didn't include for that price was the 8 lb. kettlebell.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 08:33 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmee57 View Post
I was on the Kettlenetics website yesterday and it appeared that the basic set and the deluxe set were being sold for $39.90. Could this be? If that's the case, it sounds like a good deal. I'm just wondering now if I read it wrong I think the only thing it didn't include for that price was the 8 lb. kettlebell.
looks like the QVC set to me which doesn't include the Deluxe set's Total Body Blast and Flow Motion Dance (not be confused with the Flow Motion Basics that comes with the set). It is the retail set sold by Amazon where I got mine on a sale plus the toning dvd and bonus stretch/ballet dvd. Have to compare shipping rates with QVC's set to figure out which is the better deal if you want the toning and the stretch/ballet dvds. I, personally, would go with QVC in case you want to return the set. I do like the toning dvd I traded for but never tried the stretch/ballet one.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 10:08 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmee57 View Post
That's the one. But it doesn't have the two workouts on some other offer, I believe. I got several Discs, and then another separate one in a cardboard sleeve. Have only done one of them though. No WAY would I do this with 8# after how sore I got with the 4!!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 10:35 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Totally OT, but Red, I am truly admiring your waist in a totally heterosexual way! What do you do to get so strong in your midsection without getting blocky looking? You look amazing!!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:47 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
Totally OT, but Red, I am truly admiring your waist in a totally heterosexual way! What do you do to get so strong in your midsection without getting blocky looking? You look amazing!!
Why thank you my dear! I don't do many traditional crunches at all! I do Pilates based ab work, not the actual Pilates moves necessarily, but using the powerhouse and keeping things flat instead of poofing out like they do with a 'curl' up. I love balance work so use the BOSU and rebounder for standing work to engage the core, and I always make sure to really work the obliques, BUT, and this might be part of the reason it pinches in instead of getting blocky, I avoid the Chalene type of side crunching on the SAME side, and always try to make those moves CROSS moves, i.e. right shoulder to left side, left shoulder to right side, etc. I find that things like the standing side crunching done in a lot of workouts just blocks my waist out. Still firm and strong, but not what I look for. I have always had an hourglass, but have always figured my waist looking small was because of my big butt, hahahahaha!!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 03:47 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
I find that things like the standing side crunching done in a lot of workouts just blocks my waist out.
Isn't that the move Billy Blanks always does, standing side crunches?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 03:52 PM  
lucia
VF Supporter

You do look great, RedFame! It sounds like the way you work abs is the same as me; I also still have an hourglass shape and I have always avoided those side bend-type crunches! I stick with pilates-type moves. Now, if I could just figure out how to tighten up my underarm area!

Anyway, thanks for the thread...I totally caved & ordered from QVC; a few more workouts (2?) than the retail kit and 2 fewer than the deluxe kit. These seem like they will be like the TLTs but more continually cardio (and shorter). I think the price was really low! So, something new for me to try!

Tags
kettlenetics