Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-04-19, 09:35 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Aww, such great stories and sweet memories. I, too, can't get over how rapidly time passes. I remember taking my DS1 out for the first time... I think he was just two weeks old. We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and a lady saw this tiny baby in the carrier. She cooed over him and then said, "enjoy it! It goes so fast." I remember just staring at her with this blank look, thinking, are you kidding?! I feel like the past two weeks have been the longest day of my life! But here we are, almost 12 years later, and I can't believe how fast it's going. <sigh>
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 10:14 AM  
angie_nrs

I remember when I first started working out consistently it was right after we moved to our new house in 1996! I would workout upstairs b/c it just felt too lonely down in the basement, even though I was alone anyways. Go figure.

My first Cathe workout was All Step and I remember being so frustrated at Cathe b/c it took a while to pick up her moves. LOL! I remember feeling so accomplished when I finally got it down pat. I still have a special fondness for that workout and I still have it on VHS.

I'm quite certain my first DVD w/o was Cathe. I started with Kathy Smith and Gin Miller, then upgraded to Cathe after I was looking for more Gin workouts and stumbled across Cathe step. Step workouts were at the root of my workout beginnings and Cathe has been at the core of my fitness journey along the way.

My Weider gym downstairs with the pullup bar still gets used, but not as much as it used to. The boys used to hang all over that thing ALL the time. It was like an indoor jungle gym for them. Even though they're both in their 20's now, any time they go down there, they still get drawn to that thing. LOL! Oh, and I now always workout in the basement......have for many years now.
Old 09-04-19, 08:16 PM  
Buzzer

BUBBLES!!! Tiny Bubble is NOT 9!!! That's crazy. I really mean it... that's crazy!! Where did that time go??? That was only like, 4 years ago we were congratulating you on his birth.

Little Buzzer is 7!! SEVEN!! I mean, seriously, when did they get that old?? I know I will soon be crying over wishing she was 7 again, but man, it went so fast. I think it didn't help that you had a picture of Tiny Bubble at about 4 or 5 years old for a while on your profile pic... so he became ageless

To stay on topic, I started working out when I was 13. I remember going to the "Coors Wellness Center" in the 80's, and they had a tap for beer and one for water in the back. You could go workout and drink beer afterward. I would walk to the wellness center and do the weight machines. I can even remember what I was wearing the moment I got hooked... a dark blue and black leopard print loose tank top and black crop pants. I saw my bicep pop out when I did a bicep curl on the bicep machine (where your arms are straight out in front of you) and I was amazed and hooked.

My first fitness video was in college, with Susan Harris... Firm Volume 1 of course!! I would go to blockbuster video and look for more exercise videos. I bought some super random ones I would do over and over (one was called something like "great legs" and she would always say soft knees, hips tucked, tummy tight shoulders back... I think of that video often when I do ttapp!!). I started finding more Firm videos there and I was over the moon!!!

I was excited when I had probably had 10 Firm videos. I felt like I had the cream of the crop and the absolute best workouts available, and my collection was complete. Now I own all the classic Firm, Fitprimes and some random pink firms, in addition to the 100's of other workouts in my collection...
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 10:48 AM  
Psyche
VF Supporter

My first home workout was Richard Simmons on a record album - “Reach” I think? It was fun! I was a teen at the time.
Psyche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging