Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-02-16, 10:33 AM  
sherry7899

Lora-you are doing really well! I really admire than you got off the painkillers, and that you never give up on trying to find exercise that works with your injuries. A lot of people would have just stopped, but you keep right on going trying different things

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 12:36 PM  
lorajc

Thanks Sherry.....for cheering me on. I need that...however, I got my determination from my Father....I'll never give up...however, my dilemma right now is what to do with my large exercise collection at this point? Will I ever be able to work my way up to Chalene Extreme with going only to like 7-8 lb weights and do all of my mixed martial arts that I love? To sell or not to sell....they all sit here staring me in the face daily...as I have a huge wall that is a bookshelf of dvds! They taunt me! ....as I continually use my Ravi/Ana's! LOL! (plus I tend to be on the Type A Personality side -- more so when I was younger -- and the Yoga is REALLY good for me - I think it actually helped me lose 7 pounds recently too....after I just gave up on trying to lose weight!).
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 12:42 PM  
sherry7899

Lora-I totally get it. I had to give up on CLX-it was way too much shoulder work. I was sick of having workouts I knew I could not use, so I did trade/sell/donate a lot. I now have a collection where I can use everything, which makes me happy Everyone is different though-it is totally okay to hang onto stuff if you want to do so and have the space.

Well, to be totally truthful, I have some yoga that is beyond me that I hope to work up to someday.....if not, I should be able to easily sell it.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 01:54 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
however, my dilemma right now is what to do with my large exercise collection at this point? Will I ever be able to work my way up to Chalene Extreme with going only to like 7-8 lb weights and do all of my mixed martial arts that I love? To sell or not to sell....they all sit here staring me in the face daily...as I have a huge wall that is a bookshelf of dvds! They taunt me!
Oh I so get that! I did finally get rid of workouts I did because they were "effective" at burning fat and gaining muscle, but I hated doing them (due to lots of reasons from the instructor to just plain boring or dumb music). I'm now going through and getting rid of ones I have to modify so much that it's annoying, plus I haven't really done ANY of my Classical Stretch (they hurt my neck and lower back too, but I do love Miranda, the music and the theory) or "easier" workouts that bore me. My husband says if I ever get and stay below 100 DVDs he'd be shocked, but he has NO IDEAS of the downloads I have lol.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 03:19 PM  
lorajc

LOL Stephanie - I always forget about my downloads....not that I have that many...as I only have a tablet and a desktop, no laptop and I'm not the most technologically advanced person..........AND all of my children have four paws and fur!!
Old 11-03-16, 04:41 PM  
lorajc

Oh geez...my body is bad today....we had a cold front move thru the area and I had a stressful appt. yesterday....so not sure which one it is from...the workout or the weather change/appt.

However, if it ends up being the workout, I may have to start with 10 minute Solution Workouts....but I don't really want to do that as those are mostly body part focused.

How would you make a 30 minute workout shorter and easier? What do you do? I'm clueless. I'm a person that is sort of OCD about stuff so this sort of thing is hard for me.

Tags
injuries, restart, restarting