Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-16, 01:01 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
I am bumping this up because I'm relieved to see that it's not just me experiencing the discrepancy between the Fitbit and Leslie "miles."

I just got a Fitbit Charge HR for Christmas and did my first Leslie workout with it on my wrist today. It was the first 4 miles of her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk. I made a particular point to pump my arms strong and even did more forward and back motions when Leslie and her team were marching or kicking in place. I jogged forward and back during all the 2-minute boosted walking periods, too.

My fitbit only shows that I walked a little over 2 miles and a little over 5,000 steps! Boo. I'm gonna try Jessica tomorrow and see what the discrepancy is between the FB and her walking workouts.
That's the same workout that made me start this thread! I was coming up far short and wondering why...hence my post. I did a Jessica walk yesterday and got in more steps relative to the walk distance, so maybe I'll stick with that one. In 30 minutes I got 3700 steps or so, which is more than I would have logged after 30 minutes of Leslie. This includes the warm up. I also made a point of following Jessica when she stopped walking and did other movements, which I did not do with Leslie...I walked through her sections of handwaving, so in theory I would have gotten even MORE steps with the Jessica workouts if I did the same thing.
Anyways, it doesn't change the fact that I'm moving and that's beneficial, but it's more of a "pet peeve" kind of thing now that I have the fitbit.

I also find that I am more exerted when I walk outside than when I walk indoors, regardless of the intensity that Leslie tries to add, as I have some mild hills on my routes that increase intensity. I also feel my glutes working much more walking outside.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-16, 08:08 PM  
cdayley

Sometimes I march in place when I'm on the computer, and I've noticed that my fitbit doesn't read the steps accurately when it's on my waistband. It does better if I put it on the bottom of my pants leg (I usually wear workout capris). I have a co-worker who wears her fitbit on her shoelace on the treadmill, because it doesn't read her active minutes if she wears it elsewhere.
When I do Leslie and Jessica workouts, I try to move forward and back or side to side so that the fitbit will read my steps

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, leslie sansone, mileage, randy, walking