Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-15, 03:31 PM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

I'll agree with those who said that walking and Ultimate Yogi are definitely working out!! It may be a different kind of working out, but UY is a tough program (in my opinion at least). You're getting a great cardio and strength program and, to top it off, you actually enjoy it. Best of all worlds.
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-15, 05:25 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Honestly, no. Working out has been my therapy for many years. Be it walking which is great for clearing your head (well mine at least) and lifting weights or even doing the Firm which I have fond memories of I call exercising my Prozac and I mean it!!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-15, 06:53 PM  
m42

Never stop. I stopped for 6 months and my blood pressure and sugar jumped out of the normal range. Exercise brought them back in line. I agree that walking and yoga is definitely still exercise. Especially Ultimate Yogi.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-15, 07:53 PM  
donnamp

I agree, don't stop, just change up what you were doing that was causing you stress. It sounds like you have already found a method that works - yoga, walking and meditation - so just keep doing that - no need to do anything else and if you get the urge, you can always pull out a random workout "from the past" on weekends or days off from work.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-15, 09:20 PM  
Demeris

I did. In my mid-40s, I went through a number of changes, challenges, and psychological trauma--my work changed, my personal life crashed, and I went back to school for my masters. I spent 5 years getting little to no exercise, traveling a great deal, and eating what was ready and easily available. I didn't get back in to exercise until I was 48.

In retrospect, I ought to have jettisoned the man I was involved with and not my exercise life.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-15, 07:36 AM  
Lilypad

I just want to say thank you ladies. Thanks for taking the time and responding to my post. You all have made me realize that I should not stop cold turkey and that something is something which is better than nothing. This forum had been such a great source of inspiration to me and support as well. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-15, 09:23 AM  
karenl

I could have written your post. I too am in a place right now where my mind and body are fighting. I don't have the engery to work out, at least not the way I used to, but my mind is telling me that I should and need to. My time is limited so that doesn't help. I was just thinking this morning that I should try and learn meditation to quiet my mind so I can maybe focus more.

karen
karenl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walking, working out, yoga