Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-14, 11:47 AM  
videofit

Donna M workout clothes you can dress up

This appeals to me and I am thinking of getting several layering pieces. My lifestyle is casual, including work casual Fridays, and I've heard good things about this clothing line. Natural fibers, made in the USA.

Main page

This Exercise to Errands is what captured my attention.

The 6pc wardrobe can fit in a gallon ziploc bag. It's in the Today Show video.
Old 03-23-14, 02:08 PM  
videofit

Oh, geez, I've just found the reviews and I want this stuff so bad!

Let's see -- pay income taxes or buy clothes?
Old 05-10-14, 06:57 PM  
videofit

Just ordered five pieces and am very excited. They are dyed to order so it's better to order several things at once so the colors match and blend. The pieces, separately, are cotton, modal or rayon, which take dye differently giving you dark, medium and light colors, but the end result is the pieces all go together.

I got a bolero jacket that you can wear with the front "lapels" hanging down as I see with so many sweaters these days, or tie the ends around your waist for a short jacket effect.

Got the Trimmed Tank which is a slightly heavier fabric than the other tanks, so good for work. Wearing the bolero would keep it less bare for work and is also good for cooler evenings.

The longer leggings (which match the bolero). They also sell capri length and a flared longer pant which looks elegant for evening. Plan to buy that later.

Then two fun, convertible pieces -- one that is either a tube top or a hip hugger worn over your leggings to hide your butt/crotch area. It has a shirred back seam which makes it extra nice. Then a handkerchief hem short skirt that can be worn over leggings instead of the hip hugger, or can be pulled up for a strapless "maternity" type "swingy" top which would be very cool to wear in the summer since it wouldn't stick to your skin.

So not only will each piece go with something I already have at home, wearing them together will also give me a few DonnaM outfits as well.

I plan to buy the dress (which is convertible to many styles) in a few months when new colors come out. Donna is constantly adding new colors and discontinuing others, so if you see it and like it, buy as many in that color as you can afford.

I met a woman at a party who only took ten DonnaM pieces on a cruise and she said women were constantly complimenting her, saying she must have brought lots of luggage on board. With some airlines now charging for carry on bags, this clothing line is perfect -- smuggle it on in a large handbag!
Old 10-14-14, 01:28 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Wow, just wow. Can't believe I just saw this thread. I've been looking for stuff I can transition between office and yoga and this is perfect (and so darn cute). Of course, half the site is blocked from my work computer so I have to explore more when I get home.
Old 01-25-15, 06:41 PM  
videofit

Forgot about this thread. I got my items but the last order took six months! Never again. I like them but have since discovered you can find similar at many places online or even in the better department stores. The main reason I ordered from donnam was the colors. Some are hard to find. They sometimes have returns and exchanges for sale so you can get something quickly if you are that particular size. I'd email them to make sure it's in stock before ordering.

I know Nordstrom had a good quality yoga pant that got hundreds of great reviews so I will check that out later on. For now, I've got plenty of clothes.

Another resource is Indian stores. Found a great quality lightweight jacket at a great price. I bought this.
Old 02-12-15, 10:54 PM  
videofit

I have my eyes on these leggings. Over 2000 reviews! Zella jackets are very stylish as well.

Tags
donna m clothing, workout clothes, yoga clothes