Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-15, 03:45 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Does anyone still use Spenco inserts?

I have an old pair of Spenco inserts, the crosstrainer type, that I used in my hiking boots for years. I also have some custom orthotics made by a podiatrist last year, that I'm finding very stuff. My new podiatrist recommended I try another Spenco insole, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried the different types. I'm leaning towards the "hard surface" ones because I need more cushioning in my running shoes.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-15, 05:02 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I haven't tried the different types of Spenco insoles, but I swear by the crosstraining ones! I automatically substitute the included insert with Spenco's and they make such a huge difference in how I experience the shoe and thus, my workout.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 04:22 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Sabine, do you use them for workouts or in regular shoes? The reviews I've read make it seem like the heavy duty ones might be better for workouts because they have more cushion. I did order a set from Amazon last night.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 01-10-15, 04:27 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Sabine, do you use them for workouts or in regular shoes? The reviews I've read make it seem like the heavy duty ones might be better for workouts because they have more cushion. I did order a set from Amazon last night.
I use then in my workout shoes. My job does not require business attire you I can get away with wearing my Dansko clogs most days. I don't think I've seen the heavy duty ones. Maybe I'll need to check those out....

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 04:51 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Spenco insoles didn't work for me but I love the insoles sold by The Walking Company. I have many pairs from them. I wear them in athletic shoes, in boots and in some walking shoes. I use to wear custom orthotics but they were so expensive and I find The Walking Company insoles to be a great cheaper alternative.

They have a wide selection for the different types of feet. I wear the ones for over pronation.

https://www.thewalkingcompany.com/orthotics
Old 01-10-15, 05:08 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Sabine, these are the ones I ordered. I think I'm about to start an insole exploration! I have custom orthotics but they're too stiff. :/

Kelsey, which ones do you get from that store? They have quite a selection. If the Spencos aren't enough for me, those look like a happy medium between the Spenco and custom insoles.

Old 01-13-15, 10:15 AM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Pratima,

I use the Spenco soft arch supports, both 3/4 and full length in many of both work-out and regular shoes - some just on top of insole and some below insole - I have somewhat narrow feet - love them! The hard ones were too much for me.
I also found a wrap-around foot arch that I like as well:
http://www.footsmart.com/P-Arch-Pro-Tec-10036.aspx

Good luck finding what works for you...Anne Y
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inserts, insoles, orthotics, spenco