Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-12, 04:36 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Question ? for Momof10 and any other HoCoNuts :D

I'm plugging away at my HoCo Gettings but already thinking ahead to the 101 Club. I'm seriously *not* interested in using equipment, so no step, gliders, ball, bar. Dumbbells might be okay. Obviously I'm looking at individual 101s this way, and it's easy to find which ones don't use equipment other than a mat.

My ? for you experienced Clubbers, and I realize it might sound ridiculous, but which - if any - of the 101s could be considered the easiest of the offerings? (I know, haha. ) These are seriously challenging for me, but as I work at them and reduce weight I look forward to being strong enough to have a crack at more challenging variations. I would consider getting one or a few, depending. And I know they're TOUGH so this is still a future consideration. Thanks!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 04:54 PM  
acescholar

I've only done Jan through Sept, but so far I think Feb is the easiest. I would say May is next easiest. But, others may have different opinions, and Cheryl can give you the full scoop!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 05:52 PM  
momof10

Gina - well, first of all, Sandra says the less equipment, the harder they are. I have found that to be true. I might add that the ones that are gliders and mat are quite challenging. I know I read that you were getting rid of your step, but is there other equipment you don't have?

I am willing to send you some of mine for you to try and you can use them as long as you need to figure out which ones you would be interested in. If I were you, I would do them in 10 minute segments. The 101s run about 30 minutes. I can send you all the 101s that use mat only. That would be January, February, April and August. January is quite challenging. I think it's great that you want to work up to doing these. Jusr let me know if you want me to send them to you.

Cheryl
Old 09-09-12, 06:10 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I'd have to agree that the 101's without equipment (just the mat) are the hardest. I did one...I think it was January (?) and I was like "oh my gawd! lol Very tough to get through, imo! I also think whenever Sandra uses the stability ball it's going to be a wicked hard one! June Hardcore kicked my booty big time .
Old 09-09-12, 06:22 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
I've only done Jan through Sept, but so far I think Feb is the easiest. I would say May is next easiest. But, others may have different opinions, and Cheryl can give you the full scoop!
I agree. I have only done Jan and Feb so far, but found Feb to be far easier than Jan. It was also easier to me than Vol 1-3, Bootcamp or Getting Stronger.

Lori
Loriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 10:32 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thank you so much, guys! Now going by your comments I know to avoid the January 101 disc!

If the ones without equipment are the toughest, which in your opinion is the easiest using equipment? So far I'm definitely interested in February and maybe May, but is there another 101 that is the easiest of all? In terms of equipment, I still have a short step (and I haven't gotten rid of my long step yet, just the risers ) and I have bodybars. While I do have glides I don't relish using them in these, and I don't have a stability ball any more.

Cheryl, thank you for your offer - you are super sweet and generous!

I am making this kind of training my goal. I find it hard but fascinating, yet I have to say it is also down to Sandra's personality. She is so sweet and pleasant to workout with - she makes me WANT to succeed at these.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 10:39 PM  
andtckrtoo

Jan is the hardest. I have DOMS for days after it. I think Feb is the easiest, but it's not easy. But honestly, I'm so much stronger after Jan. I love/hate that one.

Tags
101 club, body bar, bodybar, hoco, horizontal conditioning