Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-11, 07:33 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle View Post
You'll like Ripple and Power & Grace. It's hard to go wrong with any of the BB workouts. Deep Definition is another fave.
ITA. I don't use these workouts much these days but they are excellent. I especially love Booty Beautiful as it reminds me of Val Waters' workouts (type of exercises, sequencing, etc.)
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 10:36 AM  
buttons11

any opinions on this one?

I'm ialso nterested in Body Bar workouts, so I put booty beautiful on my wishlist based on these recommendations...

but I've had my eye on this one too? any opinions?

body bar total body express

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3THW7LE2IA9RQ
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 01:58 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceygirl View Post
I have a wonderful old Donna Read workout called All Out Strength which uses a body bar. I have it on VHS but maybe it is available on DVD. It is a great, hour long, total body strenth workout.
I love All Out Strength (but haven't done it in ages )! It is on DVD now, along with two other workouts (a step and a yoga).

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 02:10 PM  
Getfit

I was also looking at body bar DVDs since they have a 50% off special along with free shipping but then I changed my mind since I hardly use the DVDs I have. I also have several on VHS that is in a box in my garage that I can send as a SASE to anyone who is interested. I don't remember which ones I have off hand but I can look when I get home.

http://www.bodybar.com/Body-Bar-Store/DVDs

Enter promotion code bbnsn11-1 at checkout
Old 12-07-11, 02:45 PM  
txfitmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
I'm also interested in Body Bar workouts, so I put booty beautiful on my wishlist based on these recommendations...

but I've had my eye on this one too? any opinions?

body bar total body express

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3THW7LE2IA9RQ
I have this one. I have done all of the workouts on it except the Below the Belt segment. I liked them okay except I realized for the arm one especially I needed to get a heavier body bar, I only have a 6 pound one right now. I did not know that the Hard Core Abs and Back segment required the use of the mini bar. You really cannot use the regular body bar on that because of the movements, however, I think I subbed in dumbbells. I just think that one segment would be better if you had the mini bar. Otherwise, I think it is a good deal to get so many workouts on one DVD. The other Body Bar workouts I have that I like are Deep Definition and Body Bar and Ball Basics.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 05:24 PM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfitmom View Post
I have this one. I have done all of the workouts on it except the Below the Belt segment. I liked them okay except I realized for the arm one especially I needed to get a heavier body bar, I only have a 6 pound one right now. I did not know that the Hard Core Abs and Back segment required the use of the mini bar. You really cannot use the regular body bar on that because of the movements, however, I think I subbed in dumbbells. I just think that one segment would be better if you had the mini bar. Otherwise, I think it is a good deal to get so many workouts on one DVD. The other Body Bar workouts I have that I like are Deep Definition and Body Bar and Ball Basics.
Thx txfitmom for the info
I have the original firm sculpting stick, so w/o the twigs I would have a 6llb 'mini bar, so that should work I think'... I have also just purchased a couple solid chrome barbells of varying weights/lengths so those might work too...I'll go check out the other two you recommended...thanks again!
Old 12-07-11, 07:58 PM  
buttons11

thank you LUMA & GETFIT & a question?

i ordered:
booty beautiful
ripple
total body express
on the ball
and all systems go

I've had total body express & all systems go on my wish list for quite some time...
w/the free s/h & 50% off I was able to get the other 3 wo's for just $10 more...
thanks for posting the sale Luma & Getfit...I appreciate it!

so I was wondering how you incorporate these into your schedule?

I'm getting back to STS as soon as I get well & wonder how I can use these too...
I'll be starting back on Meso1 week 3...or will I have to wait until I'm done w/STS?

Tags
body bar