Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-11, 04:19 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I have both but really only do the first 16 or so minutes of the upper body work in Squeeze Stronger, stopping before the waist stuff that uses the bar and using 3 pound weights for some of it if I'm feeling strong and brave but mostly 1 pound. I always somewhere have to just drop the weights all together. It's short, efficient and killer but I seem to be a ble to regularly convince myself that it can't be than bad since it;s so short. Very good to add on or for a short workout on days I need to convince myself to do anything at all.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 06:25 AM  
kitty12

I adore Squeeze Stronger and have done the upper body / waist routine every Sunday for over a year. I've also done the lower body segment usually in parts. I think the lower body segment is all barre (pretzels and back dancing are both done in barre routines). Even the weight segment is like a barre weight segment that is really kicked up a notch with it's really high reps.

I just purchased the original Squeeze a few weeks ago and have viewed it but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I use just part of an old wood curtain rod for the waist workout. It has really helped my lower back and bad hip. I use a mix of 3, 5, and 8 lb weights for the upper body segment on SS but started with 2, 3, and 5.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 07:02 AM  
Vanity68

I adore this workout and didnt even use a bar..just did it w/o it and boy did I feel it!!
Old 01-27-11, 12:04 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Also crazy? The hyper fast deadlift warm-up, especially if you do the upper body premix.
Oh right, I forgot about that. My advice is - don't do that warm-up. Do your own warm-up. I got an awful cramp doing those fast deadlifts from a cold start!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 09:32 AM  
StephE

Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't get to respond yesterday. It was a crazy day!

Many thanks to all of you for your comments about this workout! I'm really excited about this one now. I'll get the original Squeeze eventually (we'll see how long I can hold out ).

And for those of you that mentioned the warm-up, thank you! I've watched some of the workout, and I saw that. What a strange warm-up. I won't be doing that, for sure. Don't want any injuries!

Eibhinn ~ Thanks for posting that link. I'll be heading to Lowe's soon to get a dowel/broomstick handle, and I'll be sure to use that towel trick. That looks like it would really support the neck.

Thanks again for all your help, everyone! I really appreciate it. You have all helped me get over my buyer's remorse for my "mistake" purchase. Turns out it wasn't a mistake at all!

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, squeeze, squeeze stronger, tracy effinger