Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-09, 12:55 PM  
workoutjunkie

Kettlenetics with the extra DVDs

Just curious if anyone has found the Kettlenetics set with the extra DVDs that QVC offers anywhere else. Saw the set at Best Buy today and passed b/c it didn't have the extra DVDs. Also remember reading someone got the set at Ulta - did it have the extras?

And, for those that have the extra DVDs, are they worth it? Thanks!
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 01:10 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Do you mean other than the Kettlenetics website? That is where I got my set. I also got the 8lb kettlebell. Of the two additional workouts, I like the kb Total Body Blast, but I donot like the kb Flowmotion Dance workout. It could be just me, I really dont care for dance workouts, but I really wanted to like it. I tried it twice. I did not feel like it flowed at all. She showed the moves, and then you would do them. So, it really felt more to me like an instructional workout. I dont know how you could really get the hr up. Hope I explained ok. I have done all of the other workouts, except the short ballet workout. They are fun low impact workouts.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 01:27 PM  
workoutjunkie

Hi Sherry.

I'll try to clarify...

The set from QVC contains:
4-lb K-bell
21-minute KB Elements DVD
20-minute Flow Motion Basics DVD
15-minute Cardio Balanced DVD
52-minute KB Target Toning DVD
15-minute Strength & Serenity and 15-minute Cardio Fit Ballet DVD
and some other stuff.

The advanced set they offer for $40 comes with:
8 lb K-bell
34-minute KB Total Body Blast DVD
30-minute KB Flow Motion DVD

So, the 4lb set I saw at Best Buy ($30) came with KB Elements, Flow Motion Basics and Cardio Balanced. I was wondering if the Target Toning, Strength & Serenity and Cardio Fit Ballet DVDs that came in the QVC set were worth the extra cost ($37 + S&H). I haven't looked at the kettlenetics website yet, hadn't thought about that - duh!

I guess what I was really wondering is if anyone had seen the set that QVC has (the 4 lb KB with the 5 DVDs) in a store so I didn't have to order it. If not, then I was wondering if the extra DVDs were worth having to order online and pay s&h, etc.

Thanks for your input on the advanced DVDs, seems like the Total Body Blast is the one I'd prefer, I'm not into dancy ones either.
Old 10-21-09, 07:18 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I forgot about the Target Toning dvd. I have only done that one, one time. The reason being, I prefer heavier weights for toning, I like that the other workouts (in the set) have cardio with toning. I guess I could have tried using the 8 lb kettlebell with this one, I might try that. I wish I could answer your question about the additional workouts being sold in a store. I have not seen them, but I just dont know. The 15-min Strength & Serenity workout is mostly core and abs, it is ok. I really dont know if I will use it much. To boil it down, it really depends I think, if you are going to use the 8lb kettlebell, then the deluxe add-ons are probably worth it. Like I mentioned before, the only one I will not use is the dance workout, hated it.

Sherry
Old 10-22-09, 07:30 AM  
workoutjunkie

Thanks again Sherry! Maybe I'll just put each kit (the one from Best Buy and the other from QVC) on my Christmas wishlist and let DH decide which to get me. lol Since I still plan on using my regular, heavier weights for strength training, I'm planning to use kettlenetics for core work, extra cardio, and any extra "toning" benefits it provides, so maybe the Target Toning DVD isn't necessary.

Thank you so much for all your input!
Old 10-22-09, 09:51 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

You are so welcome! That sounds like a good plan! Actually, it sounds like you train similar to how I train. I really dont think I will get a lot of use out of the Target Toning dvd, although it is not a bad light weight training workout.

Sherry
Old 10-25-09, 09:42 AM  
Tamara
VF Supporter

Cardio Balanced question

Hi there! I saw this at Target last night, and picked it up on a whim. The kit I bought comes with the 20-minute instructional DVD (kb elements), 20-minute beginning workout that is all standing work (flowMotion basics), and a more challenging 40-minute workout (cardio balanced). Looking at the list for the QVC "full" set, they list "cardio balanced" at 15 minutes.

So I find myself wondering if the "cardio balanced" workout that comes with this set might be a combination of a couple of the extra DVDs that come with the QVC set, re-edited to flow together? I'm thinking that the three 15-minute QVC DVDs (cardio balanced, strength and serenity, and cardio fit ballet) could have been edited to fit into one 40-minute workout--1 intro, warmup, and cooldown instead of 3 of each could take 5 minutes off the total easily.

Have any reviews been posted for these? A good breakdown of the movements for each of the three 15-minute DVDs would tell us for sure. I haven't been here in awhile, but I wasn't able to find any reviews. Could definitely be user error though.

It seems likely to me. What do you think?
Old 10-25-09, 10:01 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I have the QVC set, which comes with the following 5 DVDs:
KB Elements, ~21min
Flow Motion Basics, ~20mins
Cardio Balanced, ~47mins
Target Toning, ~52mins
2-in-1: Stretch & Stretch/Cardio Fit Ballet, ~30mins

The QVC listing is a typo, prob should read 45 minutes.They are all original workouts. Hope that helps!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 10:52 AM  
Tamara
VF Supporter

Thanks! That helps tremendously, though I am disappointed to learn that I really *am* missing 3 of the original workouts. I'll have to go in search of them. I did the instructional and flow motion last night, and it was a blast! Loved loved loved it. And i need more cardio I can do in tiny space that is still fun and challenging. I think this will really fit the bill.
Thanks again.
Old 10-25-09, 11:04 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

If it helps, I really think Cardio Balanced is the best of the bunch!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlenetics