Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-20, 11:27 AM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug I'll join you Wed with Total body giant sets! I can only throw my hat in the ring for PHA and ramped upper. But may sub in PHA2 since they tell me it's easier to start with.

Kim glad we may do some workouts together

ChelePA good to hear your husband was safe from the tornado!

manley looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Vytas!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 01:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh! I guess you're all thinking I'm crazy with my Rabbit, rabbit comment. I honestly didn't know the origin of it, I just know that people tend to say it on the first of the month. I just looked it up, and if we're to believe wikipedia, it's a British thing, said on the first day of each month to bring good luck the rest of the day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_rabbit_rabbit

Chele, interesting that you didn't like Strong & Sweaty when it came out, but honestly I think I've felt that way about one or two of Cathe's series. I think I love them all now. In fact, the other day I thought "I just want to do Strong & Sweaty alternated with Udaya yoga" We'll see how long I stick with that, but yesterday I did S&S Boot Camp, not the longer premix kittybug did the other day, but she was inspirational for me going back to S&S. Today I did another Forged by Fire -- Side Angle Pose. Honestly this was very yin like -- holding warrior 2 and various side angles for quite a long time. So, in some ways it was easy, in some ways hard! I should probably do a walk or something later. Trying to clean, so it may just be CleanMax.

I'm so excited about Cathe's new release, but honestly I don't think I grasped what it really is when I purchased it. It's really just three dvds, all about stretching and mobility? No "real" workouts? I'm with the rest of you who like the matching outfits/shoes. One day recently I had opposite colors as they did -- my shoes matched their shirts and my shirt matched their shoes - and it made me smile. It happened randomly.

Oh, I have more Vytas thoughts..... I told you guys I did one of his 25 minute practices right? It was so different -- not really a flow. At first I didn't like it, but by the end I loved it. But one thing he had us do was a levitation thing. We were sitting on our knees, put hands forward, leaned onto our toes. Then he had us lift one foot for a while. Not bad. Then the other foot -- not bad. Then, of course, both feet. I could not do it!! I probably haven't described it very well but anyone who's done that one might recognize what I'm trying to describe.

Sorry for anyone suffering effects of the hurricane. I hope it is done soon. I don't even know what's happening with things today.

Oh, horusosiris, I love the way you guys share season tickets and it's fun to think about doing the zoom parties for games you call care about. How fun!!

Ok, back to CleanMax for me.... I needed a break, but break is done!! Waves all around.
Old 08-04-20, 02:04 PM  
manleym

Quick check-in.

I've been playing with my new-to-me dvds, so today I did Patrick Goudeau Play Ball and Sleek Technique Ballet Barre 1. This afternoon I'll do another UDAYA yoga. I'll definitely throw in Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets this week. One of my favs!

I really like Patrick! He just puts a smile on my face everytime! And I do like how I had to focus on posture with Sleek Technique. And yes, those ladies are graceful! I wanted to go to La Madeline after doing their workout.

This afternoon I did UDAYA Alyson Khan Hipster workout and LOVED IT!!! It was perfect for me!!

Hunker down those of you getting rain! Stay dry and safe!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 03:14 PM  
ChelePA

[QUOTE=bee;2885133]Oh! I guess you're all thinking I'm crazy with my Rabbit, rabbit comment. I honestly didn't know the origin of it, I just know that people tend to say it on the first of the month. I just looked it up, and if we're to believe wikipedia, it's a British thing, said on the first day of each month to bring good luck the rest of the day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_rabbit_rabbit

Chele, interesting that you didn't like Strong & Sweaty when it came out, but honestly I think I've felt that way about one or two of Cathe's series. I think I love them all now. In fact, the other day I thought "I just want to do Strong & Sweaty alternated with Udaya yoga" We'll see how long I stick with that, but yesterday I did S&S Boot Camp, not the longer premix kittybug did the other day, but she was inspirational for me going back to S&S. Today I did another Forged by Fire -- Side Angle Pose. Honestly this was very yin like -- holding warrior 2 and various side angles for quite a long time. So, in some ways it was easy, in some ways hard! I should probably do a walk or something later. Trying to clean, so it may just be CleanMax.

I'm so excited about Cathe's new release, but honestly I don't think I grasped what it really is when I purchased it. It's really just three dvds, all about stretching and mobility? No "real" workouts? I'm with the rest of you who like the matching outfits/shoes. One day recently I had opposite colors as they did -- my shoes matched their shirts and my shirt matched their shoes - and it made me smile.

About Cathe's Perfect30

Perfect Pump
This DVD will contain two 30 minute strength routines: one upper body and one lower body. You will challenge your muscles from head to toe as we use a mix of heavier and lighter weights to build a solid pump in each muscle group. No time for downtime in this workout! We'll keep things moving so you can get in, get out, and get pumped!
This DVD will also include a pump workout bonus and an ab bonus.
Perfect HiiT
This workout is all about solid, intense cardio without needing to carve out a whole lot of time. This DVD will include two 30 minute HiiT routines: one high impact and one low impact. They will both be advanced in nature so no matter how you "HiiT" it, you'll be sweating up a storm!
This workout DVD will also include a cardio blast bonus and a stretch bonus.
Perfect Flow
Perfect30 Flow will contain two 30 minute active yoga-based routines that will take you through strength, flexibility, mobility, and balance challenges for the entire body! Many fitness-minded people pay close attention to their cardio and strength goals, but pay too little attention to restoring length and flexibility to their hard-worked muscles and joints. These yoga-based routines will do just that and more! These are by no means a simple stretch DVD! We will be working hard and you will break a serious sweat!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 04:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post

About Cathe's Perfect30

Perfect Pump
This DVD will contain two 30 minute strength routines: one upper body and one lower body. You will challenge your muscles from head to toe as we use a mix of heavier and lighter weights to build a solid pump in each muscle group. No time for downtime in this workout! We'll keep things moving so you can get in, get out, and get pumped!
This DVD will also include a pump workout bonus and an ab bonus.
Perfect HiiT
This workout is all about solid, intense cardio without needing to carve out a whole lot of time. This DVD will include two 30 minute HiiT routines: one high impact and one low impact. They will both be advanced in nature so no matter how you "HiiT" it, you'll be sweating up a storm!
This workout DVD will also include a cardio blast bonus and a stretch bonus.
Perfect Flow
Perfect30 Flow will contain two 30 minute active yoga-based routines that will take you through strength, flexibility, mobility, and balance challenges for the entire body! Many fitness-minded people pay close attention to their cardio and strength goals, but pay too little attention to restoring length and flexibility to their hard-worked muscles and joints. These yoga-based routines will do just that and more! These are by no means a simple stretch DVD! We will be working hard and you will break a serious sweat!
Ah, thank you! I thought I remembered there being more! Last night I went on Cathe's site to look at S&S premixes, and what little I saw about Perfect30 was maybe just the description of Perfect Flow, but.... I thought I read about three "workouts". I clearly should have been in bed! Thanks for clearing up my confusion! Very exited again!!
Old 08-04-20, 06:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee I think the promotion of Cathe's new set has started with the mobility DVD. I'm sure she'll start with the other DVDs in the set soon. The yoga/mobility is certainly something different to hear about as most workouts all seem geared towards burn fat, etc.

manley I have some Patrick DVDs..including Play ball in 4..but I haven't done them. I kind of felt I needed to get ready for him. He seems really upbeat

Nathalie I did yoga relax today..the Express Premix #2.
I actually liked her sequences. Her music was not my taste but thankfully you can turn it off so I played my African relaxing tunes. There was only section where the transition was awkward when they spliced it but no problem getting back to the floor. She talked more than I wanted. She also held poses longer than I wanted but I don't mind backing out and going back into a pose so that I feel stretched. Overall I will do this premix again bc I'm always wanting another 30 min relaxing yoga.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 07:36 PM  
Mickey12

Bee thanks for the explanation of the rabbit rabbit comment. I also didn't know what it meant. I'm with you on the matching outfits. I would also get a kick out of having matched the crew's clothes.

Tonight I did ICE Metabolic Total Body. Nice flow, tons of variety, not too brutal. Good fit although my knees and thighs are a little sore from doing two Cathe workouts back to back. I don't usually do that.

I was noticing that when I do a workout, I almost always focus on the main instructor; Cathe in this case. I find myself also looking at Jai occasionally, but I mostly just watch Cathe. What do you guys do? Do your eyes wander to other people? And I find it weird because I don't like workouts that don't have background exercisers. Wouldn't you think that if I want a workout full of other people that I would actually spend some time looking at them? Just some random musings, I guess.

Have a great night all you fierce Watulans!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 07:51 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Wednesday to All!

I still wish that Cathe would post clips of her workouts prior to the completion of the presale. I know that this has not been her business model. Honestly, I cannot see why she will not do this. I suppose that her model has worked very well for her up to this point in her career so why change?

I am still Sleeking it every day and mixing in some of BJ's workouts from MetaShred, MetaShred X and DeltaFit.

Bee- I did not know about "rabbit,rabbit" and the significance. Is this said at the first of the month in particular sections of the country more than others?

Mickey- I enjoy the ecent Cathe Lives because she is alone. The camera stays on her, whereas with the other Cathe Lives, the camera person will sometimes focus too much on the participants. In Cathe's DVD workouts I will watch any of them but I enjoyed watching Cedie, Jai, Brenda and Cathe. The camera angles are more favorable in the DVD workouts. So wonderful that you love NE PA. Loving where you live is so important.

Kittybug - you and I will be the shallow ones…LOL

Chel - Kittybug's suggestion of trying Classical Stretch and Essentrics is a good one.

Linda- Do you use your weighted gloves for workouts other than kickboxing? I think you husband is correct, they do seem a bit like brass knuckles

Cataddict- KCM's Box and Squat is from her streaming site. What are your favorite sport teams?

Manelym- have you done any of the Sleek workouts yet?

Enjoy your day!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 10:36 AM  
lavna

This morning, I did the Live 305 Express legs heavy weights. When I did it, it didn't feel too hard but, afterwards, it kind of creeps up! My legs still feel shaky and I think I'm going to have major DOMS over the next few days!

horusosiris: I agree with you about the clips. I wish she would post them earlier. I can't wait to see them!

I'm happy about the Perfect flow workouts, even though I have to get used to Cathe speaking "yoga talk"!!! I like that they will be short. I need to do more stretching and mobility!

In the DVDs, beside Cathe, I watch mostly Cedie and Jai (their form is very good). I like Brenda too.

Enjoy your day!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 12:49 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
This morning, I did the Live 305 Express legs heavy weights. When I did it, it didn't feel too hard but, afterwards, it kind of creeps up! My legs still feel shaky and I think I'm going to have major DOMS over the next few days!

horusosiris: I agree with you about the clips. I wish she would post them earlier. I can't wait to see them!

I'm happy about the Perfect flow workouts, even though I have to get used to Cathe speaking "yoga talk"!!! I like that they will be short. I need to do more stretching and mobility!

In the DVDs, beside Cathe, I watch mostly Cedie and Jai (their form is very good). I like Brenda too.

Enjoy your day!
Nathalie
I also need more flexibility/stretching workouts. I have just recently been
adding on her yoga or stretching chapters to the ends of my workouts.

I think when the workout is new to me, I focus on Cathe. With time and repetition, I definitely look around and notice the background crew more.

Total Body Giant Sets with abs mixed in was on the schedule for today. Rare for me to say that I really like a weights only workout that focuses on lifting heavier, but this one is perfect for me. I don't lift as heavy as Cathe for every exercise and I still feel so challenged. And I love that no circuit is repeated!!! My arms and legs were shaking at the end doing the crazy plank complex.

My daughter and I are headed out for a walk and blueberry picking.

Have a great day!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in