Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-11, 03:57 PM  
RedPanda

Thanks Natural - looking forward to reading your impressions.

Perversely (because it doesn't incorporate the ball) I'm attracted to the Pilates Standing Workout. I'm a sucker for standing Pilates.
Old 04-22-11, 04:02 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Thanks Natural - looking forward to reading your impressions.

Perversely (because it doesn't incorporate the ball) I'm attracted to the Pilates Standing Workout. I'm a sucker for standing Pilates.
The reason I went to their website was because I am interested in the pilates standing work. I want their instructor training dvd where they have a whole section dedicated to the standing work. I totally did not hint to my SO that I wanted that dvd (by tagging him on Facebook with a link to the dvd!)

I really try quite hard to incorporate the standing pilates work into my classes, but my apparatus and mat training didn't really focus on that. (Actually, PhysicalMind does have a standing pilates sequence, it just looks weird to me and isn't really classical by any stretch of the imagination.) I didn't like Vertical Pilates by June Kahn at all, but perhaps I will try it again not expecting it to be...pilates! LOL
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 05:02 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
I didn't like Vertical Pilates by June Kahn at all, but perhaps I will try it again not expecting it to be...pilates! LOL
Hmm... I was crazy for Vertical Pilates when I first got it back in early 2008, but I haven't done it since then. I can't help feeling, now that I'm more advanced in Pilates, that I won't like it as much now. I keep meaning to pull it out again.
Old 04-22-11, 05:12 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Hmm... I was crazy for Vertical Pilates when I first got it back in early 2008, but I haven't done it since then. I can't help feeling, now that I'm more advanced in Pilates, that I won't like it as much now. I keep meaning to pull it out again.
I'm dealing with some injuries and a lack of practice, so it being easier won't be a big deal. Even when I'm practicing pilates every day, I can still get my butt kicked in a beginner's class--it's all about focus and creating my own resistance. (Then again, June's workout wasn't really pilates..)
Old 04-22-11, 05:36 PM  
SurferGirl

Quote:
I love standing pilates. There was a thread the other day asking about The Method Standing Pilates Blend workout. I pulled my copy out and did it. I forgot how much I liked it. It makes me focus more on my abs to keep my balance.

Speaking of standing pilates. Does anyone have Susan Tuttle's Standing Pilates workout? She's kinda goofy, but it may be a good workout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNP6C9CU4Vk
Old 04-22-11, 05:56 PM  
dickensgirl

Darn you, NL, I have "collateral enabling syndrome" !!! Your nefarious Red Panda-aimed hints just drove ME to that site & Drats Looks pretty darn good....esp. with my physical limitations right now. So, I found a coupon code for 10% off : PILATES STYLE (2 words, caps)
I keep getting all the new barre & can't do them & don't know when I can, so something like this appeals right now. I really need core stabilization work, too...BTW, Natural, how do you like the East coast? You're missing our Narnia-like spring here in WI

Jeri

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did~ Mark Twain
dickensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 07:02 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickensgirl View Post
Darn you, NL, I have "collateral enabling syndrome" !!! Your nefarious Red Panda-aimed hints just drove ME to that site & Drats Looks pretty darn good....esp. with my physical limitations right now. So, I found a coupon code for 10% off : PILATES STYLE (2 words, caps)
I keep getting all the new barre & can't do them & don't know when I can, so something like this appeals right now. I really need core stabilization work, too...BTW, Natural, how do you like the East coast? You're missing our Narnia-like spring here in WI

Jeri

Well..at least give me credit for giving you the Amazon link where your shipping might be cheaper! LOL I am not back on the East coast yet, as my new assistant professor gig starts in September! (I will miss WI, but this weather is for the birds!)
Old 04-22-11, 07:14 PM  
dickensgirl

Quote:
Well..at least give me credit for giving you the Amazon link where your shipping might be cheaper! LOL I am not back on the East coast yet, as my new assistant professor gig starts in September! (I will miss WI, but this weather is for the birds!)
Oh, sorry, lucky you Well, I noodled around a bit & found it at SEARS of all places, with free shipping Plus, I get 5% cashback through my Discover card & Shopyourway Rewards Points !! Pretty smooth, huh?!
Good luck w/your new gig!

Jeri

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did~ Mark Twain
dickensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 07:20 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickensgirl View Post
Oh, sorry, lucky you Well, I noodled around a bit & found it at SEARS of all places, with free shipping Plus, I get 5% cashback through my Discover card & Shopyourway Rewards Points !! Pretty smooth, huh?!
Good luck w/your new gig!

Jeri
I do what I can! Thanks for the good wishes! Now I'm kind of mad because I only see the ball paired up with the level 1 dvd (which I already have) or both the level 1 and level 2 dvds.
Old 04-23-11, 02:08 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
I do what I can! Thanks for the good wishes! Now I'm kind of mad because I only see the ball paired up with the level 1 dvd (which I already have) or both the level 1 and level 2 dvds.
Did you see the ball paired with the Level 2 DVD?

https://www.zenirgy.com/product.asp?ID=14

Tags
ball, balls, mini ball, pilates ball, pilates mini ball, standing pilates, triad, triad ball, zenirgy