Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 09-01-10, 11:39 AM  
Libby

Superfeet make my shoes squeak

I bought a pair of New Balance shoes a few weeks ago, took out the insoles and put in Superfeet but now they make a loud squeaking noise when I walk in them. If I take the Superfeet out, they are fine. But I really want to wear the Superfeet cause I like the support I get from them. Is there a way to stop the squeaking? I purchased the Superfeet in January.

Thanks,

Libby
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 01:56 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Were the Superfeet used before now? If not, it may just be a matter of them being new. I bought some Nikes yesterday from the running store, and the clerk told me they would squeak for a couple of weeks.

http://www.superfeet.com/faq/green.aspx#56
Old 09-01-10, 02:31 PM  
Libby

No, the Superfeet were new. I emailed Superfeet and actually got a response back that worked. They said to put baby powder under the Superfeet and on top of them and it worked! What a relief not to hear that squeaking noise.
Old 09-01-10, 07:32 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
What a relief not to hear that squeaking noise.
Not to mention people staring at you wherever you walk in public! That's great they got back to you so fast with a workable solution.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 08:57 PM  
bfit

This used to happen to me with all of my shoes because I wear orthotics in them - I always squeaked. Then someone recommended that I rub wax on the edges of the orthotics and that did the trick. Just some bits of crumbled up candle will do - anything to reduce the friction of the orthotics on the sides of the shoes. I guess baby powder must do the same thing.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 09:24 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
No, the Superfeet were new. I emailed Superfeet and actually got a response back that worked. They said to put baby powder under the Superfeet and on top of them and it worked! What a relief not to hear that squeaking noise.
this happened to me and someone on this board suggested the powder. it worked for me too. you will have to reapply the powder over time.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 08:43 AM  
Libby

Great replies. I'll try the wax also. The baby powder works although I did have to add it again a second time.

Tags
superfeet