Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-11, 08:26 AM  
shelleyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I did Gay's Cardio M Interval dvd today and I liked it, although repeating same combo sets got a bit boring towards the end. Also, has anyone noticed that in this dvd, Gay is doing upright rows and keeps calling them lateral raises - throughout the entire dvd and in every single set???? Am I crazy, or what is up with that??
She was referring to the legs (lateral raises)...they are side leg lifts and she pretty consistenly cues the legs, not the arms. She calls the legs lateral raises in another older workout I have of hers also.

Was she in DWTS????

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 08:38 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
She was referring to the legs (lateral raises)...they are side leg lifts and she pretty consistenly cues the legs, not the arms. She calls the legs lateral raises in another older workout I have of hers also.

Was she in DWTS????
Thanks for the explanation. Generally instructors cue arm movements while executing the move, and not so much legs, especially when you're just jumping on a rebounding. This is my first workout by Gay, and while I like her as an instructor, I found this really distracting.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 09:06 AM  
lorajc

Just so everyone knows, Greg Sims one workout is mislabeled. On the back, the Metabolic cardio one says it has yoga moves and it doesn't. I did it this AM and only yoga move was plank and reverse plank. I think it was an error on the companies part. I did enjoy this one though. I'm loving my new little sandweights. They came the other day and I used them today. They do feel gentler on the joints!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 10:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

After doing Gay's workout yesterday, I have some serious DOMS today in places I have never felt before, yet no joint ache or anything unpleasant like that. I'm really happy to finally have some intense DVDs for the rebounder.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 07:00 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
Was she in DWTS????
No. There was a VF thread that asked which exercise instructors do you want to see on DWTS? I mentioned Gay just because she moves with such precision in her workouts.
Old 04-19-11, 01:31 PM  
GoWings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I think it was one of the other threads.

http://reboundersus.com/weights.htm
Just bought all three: #1, #2, and #3 - $10.00 for all of them. $ 54.95 total. FYI.
GoWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 03:35 AM  
tltinatl

I got Gay's "Total Body Metabolic Strength Conditioning" and Patrick's "Core Metabolic Cardio" yesterday. I was all ready to do Patrick's, but I was already annoyed with it by the time I even finished previewing it. Believe it or not Tracy doesn't bother me and even that guy in the little hat who seemed to be slowly losing his mind as the workout progresses didn't even get to me that much. I just got tired of thinking about how I was going to modify so many things that required jumping to/from or being half on/half off the rebounder. When I saw Tracy get her foot caught in the spring cover while doing some of that stuff I said "That's it. Forget that one today."

I'm SO glad I ended up going with Gays' workout. The choreography isn't never-before-seen stuff, but it's done in interesting, short combinations with a high-intensity interval after each combo is done five times. I can easily imagine doing the first 35 minutes of this one just for short cardio. While this one does have some work that requires you to step or curtsy lunge off the rebounder, there's no jumping off of it, which I also liked.

Of the four of the URX-MTs that I've done or previewed this one by far has the best, most well-rehearsed choreography and has background exercisers with consistently good form. I thought it was funny how Debra's socks didn't even move the whole workout, but Gay was about to lose her pants altogether by the time we go to the ab work. I guess being able to see her underwear makes the workout more "EXTREEEEEME!"
tltinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 01:40 PM  
shelleyann

Off topic here, but are Gay and Greg Sims married or an item? It sort of seems like it in his yogic intervals one, which I thought was great, btw.

And yes, to Gay's pants almost falling off. Oh to have such a problem!

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 02:50 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Several of the exercisers (usually backgrounders) have falling-pants syndrome. Didn't anyone try out their clothig on a rebounder before deciding to wear it to film? There's also quite a bit of tie and other dangly bits of clothing flopping around (not to mention some bouncy male chests).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 03:20 PM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
Several of the exercisers (usually backgrounders) have falling-pants syndrome. Didn't anyone try out their clothig on a rebounder before deciding to wear it to film? There's also quite a bit of tie and other dangly bits of clothing flopping around (not to mention some bouncy male chests).
My friend was a background exercisers in a couple of workouts and she got the outfits she wore in the workouts the morning of filming. No chance to see if they fit or not! That said, it appears as though the folks in these workouts wore their own clothing, so I. Also, I wonder if the producers asked them to wear clothing with ties and ribbons and fringe and all that as they thought it might look cool flying through the air? Some of the clothing choices in this series are a bit odd.

Tags
extreme urban rebounding, shadowboxer, urban rebounder, urban rebounding, urban rebounding extreme, urx