Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-11, 09:03 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Their customer service area code is 262 which is in Wisconsin, but that may not be the shipping location.
Old 04-06-11, 09:04 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Their customer service area code is 262 which is in Wisconsin, but that may not be the shipping location.
I just came back to post exactly that! Thanks.
Old 04-06-11, 11:06 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Mary is showing these on her new dvds page, but she has no deal for all thirteen. But if you don't want the whole set, I guess it would be cheaper with her discount and the potential free shipping. I was hoping she would have the bundled set so I could get a further discount.
Old 04-06-11, 11:43 PM  
tltinatl

Okay. I did JB's workout, "Extreme Metabolic Cardio Blast." (The names of these workouts are so long. It takes about as long to say it as it does to do it.) There are about 41 minutes of cardio and nine minutes of abs and stretching.

I was sweating a lot (which, for me, means sweat dripping off my elbows, chin and the end of my nose), but I was also a touch bored. With the exception of an "elbow to knee," a "double jab" and a "180," he does the exact same choreography from the Intermediate and Advanced UR workouts from ten years ago, just combined in different ways. The choreography and cueing in this one also aren't as tight or well rehearsed as in the original UR workouts.

It would have been SO much better if JB had worn a mic instead of yelling. The music (which is also Brian Howe stuff from 10 years ago, but pretty good) is kept much too low so that we can hear JB's voice. I'm sure the people who live above and next to me were wondering why there was some man shouting in my living room tonight.

I didn't hate this workout, but I didn't love it. And I really wanted to love it.

I previewed Kelli's "Maximum Metabolic Interval" and it looks good - a lot of leg work, balance and core training. I'll definitely be modifying that curtsy jump, though.
tltinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 11:51 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Wow, that's kind of disappointing, but are talking about JB's workout, which I thought may be kind of lame and seen-it-before workout, anyway.

Personally, I would not have ordered his dvd, but since the set was cheaper, I went ahead with the whole set. Now, I'm kinda worried about the whole set. I hope the rest is good, because it was not cheap.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 12:06 AM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Mary is showing these on her new dvds page, but she has no deal for all thirteen. But if you don't want the whole set, I guess it would be cheaper with her discount and the potential free shipping. I was hoping she would have the bundled set so I could get a further discount.
She does have the whole set for $139.95.
I wish I'd have known--I would have rather bought from Mary.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 12:08 AM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltinatl View Post
Okay. I did JB's workout, "Extreme Metabolic Cardio Blast." (The names of these workouts are so long. It takes about as long to say it as it does to do it.) There are about 41 minutes of cardio and nine minutes of abs and stretching.

I was sweating a lot (which, for me, means sweat dripping off my elbows, chin and the end of my nose), but I was also a touch bored. With the exception of an "elbow to knee," a "double jab" and a "180," he does the exact same choreography from the Intermediate and Advanced UR workouts from ten years ago, just combined in different ways. The choreography and cueing in this one also aren't as tight or well rehearsed as in the original UR workouts.

It would have been SO much better if JB had worn a mic instead of yelling. The music (which is also Brian Howe stuff from 10 years ago, but pretty good) is kept much too low so that we can hear JB's voice. I'm sure the people who live above and next to me were wondering why there was some man shouting in my living room tonight.

I didn't hate this workout, but I didn't love it. And I really wanted to love it.

I previewed Kelli's "Maximum Metabolic Interval" and it looks good - a lot of leg work, balance and core training. I'll definitely be modifying that curtsy jump, though.
From the limited preview we got, I had a feeling about this particular DVD. That's okay for me, though, because I know I'm going to have to modify the others. At least I should be able to do this one. Not too keen on the yelling, but at least I am in a house and don't have neighbors to worry about. lol
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 08:37 AM  
mmis29

Thank you for posting a review! We truly appreciate it!

So disappointing that the JB workout left you kind of bored, but hopefully the others will be better. And have no yelling LOL.
mmis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 10:23 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

From the previews, I had the impression J.B.s workout was going to be the clunker of the bunch, as was not all that 'extreme'.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 10:24 AM  
laurajhawk

I think it's an advantage of this set that there are several instructors. If one doesn't "click" with you, you still have the others.

Keen to read more reviews, especially now that Mary has this!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme urban rebounding, shadowboxer, urban rebounder, urban rebounding, urban rebounding extreme, urx