Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-11, 08:37 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
I have an alternate interpretation of that exchange: the dude in on a high-protein diet, he just cut the cheese and is worried that the others will notice, and OMG-I'm-going-to-die girl (she has many aliases) is making 'stinkface'. (This theory is also supported by the worried look the guy gives Bob right afterwards, when Bob comes over to check out his form.)
LOL!

I dunno, background exercisers rarely annoy me. Instructors, however...

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-11, 11:01 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
That's the German girl. The one who annoys me is another one, who says in a 'nyah, nyah, nyah" singsongy way "*I* did 10!" and the "less-Tony" audio option doesn't cut this out!
Are you sure? I don't remember the german girl doing corn cobs.
Old 01-05-11, 11:09 PM  
cardiomama

Corn cob girl is Katie in Back & Biceps. I thought that she was annoying because she needed Tony to repeatedly tell her what weight to use, even though she was a P90X test group person. And then to choose to do corn cob pull-ups, and act cool about it, when she's modifying it w/ a chair, seemed lame to me. Corn cobs are tough, and if she would have knocked out a few reps w/out the chair and then rested, and did more reps w/out chair & then w/ the chair, it would have shown that she really was the trooper that she was acting like she was. Katie & that guy, Dom, bugged me out of all the P90X background exercisers.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-11, 01:34 AM  
GMonkey

I just think that it's funny that Janelle can't seem to figure out her left from her right in the Turbo Jam Ball videos. She goes the wrong way several times in a row. 'Doh!
GMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-11, 05:32 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
That's the German girl. The one who annoys me is another one, who says in a 'nyah, nyah, nyah" singsongy way "*I* did 10!" and the "less-Tony" audio option doesn't cut this out!
Corn Cob girl and the German girl are different. The German girl is in Chest and Back.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 12:50 AM  
Kimberly33

No one else finds "Happy Girl" in the Urban Rebounding workouts to be the most annoying?
(It's probably that no one else has seen them! She's here at :26 and :36, but that's just a little taste of her).

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 03:16 AM  
tltinatl

I don't know why, but Tracy in the UR workouts has never bugged me, even though it does seem like she's trying to draw attention to herself. But, her demeanor when she leads workouts is exactly the same, so I guess she's just...intense.

I got Pure Burn Super Strength at Target before it was available at Collage or Amazon and, by five minutes into previewing it, I hated it. I nearly sold it without ever doing it. I hate, despise and detest TBL because I think it perpetuates the idea that people should be willing to nearly kill themselves to lose weight and that if you're not willing to be made completely miserable by your workouts you just don't really want it bad enough. Eff that, I say.

Anyway, I decided to do PBSS one night, and just as predicted, I hated it - only more. Between the monotony of the workout and Bob's smug bullying, it felt like it lasted for five hours. But, that girl making those awful faces was just too much. It was actually making me anxious and worried that she was injuring herself and angry with whoever was in charge of that mess for not calling a cut. Filming a workout without rehearsing it or knowing whether the people participating can do it safely is just completely unprofessional. I'll never buy another "you do the workout out while I stand here and yell at you"-type video. It was okay in P90X, but this Bob character, good grief. The good news is that I sold it the very next day for almost exactly what I paid for it

I won't even go into his inappropriate comments about Helen's body.
tltinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 06:35 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltinatl View Post
I don't know why, but Tracy in the UR workouts has never bugged me, even though it does seem like she's trying to draw attention to herself. But, her demeanor when she leads workouts is exactly the same, so I guess she's just...intense.

I got Pure Burn Super Strength at Target before it was available at Collage or Amazon and, by five minutes into previewing it, I hated it. I nearly sold it without ever doing it. I hate, despise and detest TBL because I think it perpetuates the idea that people should be willing to nearly kill themselves to lose weight and that if you're not willing to be made completely miserable by your workouts you just don't really want it bad enough. Eff that, I say.Anyway, I decided to do PBSS one night, and just as predicted, I hated it - only more. Between the monotony of the workout and Bob's smug bullying, it felt like it lasted for five hours. But, that girl making those awful faces was just too much. It was actually making me anxious and worried that she was injuring herself and angry with whoever was in charge of that mess for not calling a cut. Filming a workout without rehearsing it or knowing whether the people participating can do it safely is just completely unprofessional. I'll never buy another "you do the workout out while I stand here and yell at you"-type video. It was okay in P90X, but this Bob character, good grief. The good news is that I sold it the very next day for almost exactly what I paid for it

I won't even go into his inappropriate comments about Helen's body.
This attitude drives me crazy. Did anyone see Portia de Rossi on Oprah this week? It was a very emotional show, but at one point near the end Oprah asked her about exercise and she made a negative comment about it and Oprah got all excited and high fived her. I know she's done a lot of good things for people, but I can't stand Oprah's attitude toward fitness.

Corn cob girl never bothered me, but Laura, the woman in Chest, Back, and Triceps, bugged me so much that for me doing that workout was like having dental work done.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 08:46 AM  
skelly50
VF Supporter

This thread is not complete without the grinning, smug, mugging Kevin from Slim Series. Terrible form, and the only excuse for his rudeness to Debbie is hearing impairment.

He ignores everything Debbie Seibers says--I think even she even gets annoyed with him near the end.

I can't even do Shape It Up anymore because he irks me so much.
skelly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 10:13 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly33 View Post
No one else finds "Happy Girl" in the Urban Rebounding workouts to be the most annoying?
(It's probably that no one else has seen them! She's here at :26 and :36, but that's just a little taste of her).
She's been mentioned a few times.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background exercisers, old thread alert