Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-18, 09:33 PM  
horsemom2

Avoid dread and guilt
Try to do short routines that are fun and enjoyable or short outdoor walks.

For me, it is music and simple moves.
(WalkingOnlineWorkouts has really kept me moving)

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 10:04 PM  
DCW

The short days of sunlight I dread this time of the year. I am counting down to Winter Solstice when we start gaining daylight again. Minute by minute. I struggle to stay awake at 9pm.

In the summer months, I can stay up until in 11 pm. Not now.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 12:03 AM  
momofcha

Thank you for all the responses! I appreciate them.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 06:04 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have been in a funk too, plus I have gained some weight back which I am not pleased about. I am trying to just do workouts that I enjoy, and make them short. For me some movement is better than nothing.

Like others have said, it will pass.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 07:00 AM  
anjabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I’m not sure if it’s just that time of year, or if it’s an age thing (I’m 48) or what it is, but my heart just isn’t in working out right now. I’m trying to keep active but wondering what your “go to” is when you feel like this. I used to be a die hard weight girl and I can’t tell you the last time I really lifted. Lately I have been doing HSM once/week, some P.volve and barre 3.

Just looking at the new Cathe fill me with dread, so it’s not an impact thing. I did order the new Tracie Long as well as two of Jessica’s, but nothing else is even interesting to me.

I want to keep moving and I struggle with weight (in menopause). Even the thought of Essentrics doesn’t interest me much.

Any feedback would be appreciated
When I don't feel like working out, and it's not because I actually need a day off, I end up putting in DVDs of different sorts trying them for a minute and pulling them out.
And finally I will change my clothes and go for a walk or hike outside. By myself. Hiking in particular, being alone, looking at the bugs, horse poo, cactus, sky, smelling the particular days scents, that usually will uplift me. And when I am like that it usually doesn't feel like a workout. More like a meditation.
Old 12-13-18, 07:05 AM  
anjabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Thanks, but the thought of leaving the house to workout is even less motivating. Thank you though!

I like the idea of walks, but it’s also so cold here. I guess it could also be some SAD...
Sorry Sue, I answered down thread without having read this about it being cold where you are.

In that case, if it were me, I think Richard Simmons Boogie Down the Pounds is what I would do. It always makes me smile. It doesn't feel like a workout at all.
Old 12-13-18, 08:47 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

How about doing a few warm ups together? I really like Cathe's warm ups and will sometimes do them twice.

I'll also talk myself into only doing 10 minutes and give myself permission to stop if I'm not feeling it. Normally by then I'm warmed up and keep going but I have stopped a few times and gave myself a pass.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 08:59 AM  
sherry7899

Do you have a treadmill or indoor bike? I like to watch concert dvds while using them. I just try to keep pace with the music. I do that when I am not motivated to do anything else.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 09:09 AM  
upperwside

Do you have a rebounder? A 10 minute bounce is so uplifting.. I'll use it as a warm up. Studies have been done on rebounding acting as a anti depressant. I do not get depressed, but I feel a real rush of happiness while and after rebounding. Also, if I am tired and need to pep up, I'll bounce to some pop music.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 09:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I've been in somewhat of a funk myself lately so I can understand. My go to is always walking outdoors if I don't feel like doing anything else, but with the cold damp weather here I haven't been walking outdoors much and that leaves me totally lost. Nothing really appeals to me so I've been floundering around too. Sometimes I'll put in Winsor Buns & Thigh because it's only 20 minutes and I'm lying down the whole time () and I'll call it a day. A perk has been some serious hard muscle in my butt . Or I'll put in a Core Fusion dvd and just do 10 minutes and stop if I feel I don't want to continue. At least it's something I figure. I'm assuming it will pass when the weather improves but that's several months away. I'll keep plugging along with short, non-dread workouts until something ignites my motivation. Best of luck to you.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote