Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-14, 07:12 PM  
Eibhinn

For Gin Miller's Straight up Stick workout, she has you take a towel folded to be about a foot or so wide and roll it tightly around the dowel and then fasten it (I wrapped masking tape around it in two spots). The result is a dowel with some padding for when you put it across the back of your neck/shoulders. I left that on and used it for Squeeze Stronger and appreciated the padding. From 0:45 seconds on in this clip you can see what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkDqc9TsiCA

As for being sore, I personally found the warm-up for Squeeze Stronger (hyper fast heavy deadlifts) to be totally bizarre/insane/ill-advised. The one time I did the upper body premix, the only DOMS I got were in my glutes/hamstrings from the "warm-up," and they were pretty severe. Especially if you're worried about being able to walk the next day, I'd suggest doing your own thing while she's doing the deadlifts in the warm-up (maybe hamstring curls with some sort of upper body movement?)
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 07:17 PM  
Jewels5

I love all of the Squeeze workouts! I think mostly the length has kept me from doing Squeeze Stronger, but it's easy enough to divide it up. I have used a broomstick but always wondered about that Squeeze stick...

I think I have done it barefooted. Any workout I can get away with doing barefooted I will try.

Personally I think the upper body work from the original Squeeze and the Squeeze Lower Body workout have given me more intense DOMS. Love these!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 07:19 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I pretty much do all my workouts barefoot unless I'm walking outside.

Jackie
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 07:45 PM  
pattyd0319

I get more DOMs in my lower body from Squeeze Lower Body Challenge than I do Squeeze Stronger. My upper body though, that's another story. I definitely get DOMs from my shoulders, biceps and triceps from Squeeze Stronger. Squeeze Stronger has decent lower body toning but more barre, ballet and floorwork which will leave my legs feeling like jello and well worked but doesn't necessarily give me DOMs.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 07:47 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
Give it to me straight... is Squeeze Stronger a super hard, killer workout? What are your experiences with it? Should I do the split premixes instead of the 77 minutes all at once? I like the combination of strength and barre style work. Maybe I should save this for when I have tons and tons of energy and have a few more months of barre under my belt??
I think it might be a good idea to split it as it is long. The sore muscles I get from Squeeze Stronger is actually from the arm work. The waist exercises also make me sore--but I usually skip them because I don't really like working my waist. I don't recall the lower body work being that hard though, but I was already doing challenging lower body work before I bought Squeeze Stronger. This is one of my favorite Barre workouts though, I also like the mix of barre and traditional strength/endurance work.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 07:50 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
Do you do it barefoot?
I do most at home workouts barefoot. Even one's I shouldn't. I've done jump roping and plyometrics workouts barefoot. I am trying to break that habit with very high impact workouts. But I still do barre, kettle bell and weight workouts barefoot when at home.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 08:59 PM  
Tugger31

I agree with the comments about the warm-up. It seems a bit out of place and it starts right up with those deadlifts that are way too fast! I do them at half speed or do my own thing.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 09:24 PM  
caitlinpyle

I did see those dead lifts!! I would never prescribe such a fast exercise (I'm a CPT). Half time sounds good to me and yay barefoot!!!!

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 06:19 AM  
bubbles76

Caitlyn, you are so pretty I know, has nothing to do with this thread, but I've seen your face popping up all over, and had to say something.

On thread topic though, I have had great DOMS from Squeeze Stronger from the waist and lower body work, because at the time I was doing Squeeze Stronger regularly I was a lower body workout weenie. Of course, since I've been doing Cathe lower body stuff more recently, I may not get DOMS as bad. But I might, as Cathe works the lower body differently. I do Squeeze Stronger barefoot and used a broomstick, never that squeeze stick or a dowel.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 07:36 AM  
pollytc

I have these but still need to do them.....can you use a body bar in place of a sqeeze stick or do you need something lighter?

Tags
squeeze, squeeze stick, squeeze stronger, tracey effinger