Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-14, 09:21 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I purchased mine through her site and received the DVDs in 3 days. I checked out Disc 1 and Zuzka is very thorough in the history of Kettlebells and why she strongly believes in the method. Her tutorial is excellent as she stresses the hips and core and how to properly perform the hip hinge. She is an excellent instructor, very calm and encouraging.

Disc 2:
Workout 1- Is lower body focus as she you practice the hip hinge in performing the various deadlifts exercises.
Workout 2 -Introduces 2 handed swings, clean, squat, press, tactical lunges with a couple of bodyweight exercises.

You can see how Zuzka is slowly introducing a new exercise as you continue with the next workout. Both workout routines are performed twice, there is no time factor just reps mostly 20 or 30. The squat, press combo is 5 reps. Reps are high to get you comfortable with the hip hinge and the kettlebell. As you go you know it will get harder but that is Zuzka.

I'm just starting to get back into my kettlebell workouts after a 3 month hiatus. I been using kettlebells for a few years but due to the holidays and illness my time with the KBs was just not in the picture. This is an excellent beginner and come back to basics DVD set. I'm impressed with her demeanor and teaching ability. Zuzka is working out with you, giving you pointers and the pace of the class takes the intimidation factor out of the picture. I worked up a sweat with my 10KG and today feel worked out and no major DOMS but really good. The quality of the DVDs are great and the music is just right, nothing memorable but you can hear her and concentrate on your form. I'm really happy with my purchase as my other KB workouts are intermediate and I want to concentrate on my form before getting back into my hard workouts.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-14, 11:13 PM  
pcramer

Thank MariaW for the excellent review

I was wondering how good this set would be for a complete beginner and your review answered all my questions!! I will be placing my order tomorrow and I cannot wait to get started

Pamela
Old 02-21-14, 07:59 AM  
Rhonda

One thing I miss that she had in the power strength is the countdown clock and before the workout, the list of exercises.

otherwise I have done the first 3 workouts and think the are great.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 09:48 AM  
violingal3

Any more breakdowns? I'm curious to see how these progress before purchasing.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 11:16 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

So does the first disc actually have workouts, or is it just instructional? Sorry if that's been answered -- I wasn't quite sure from Maria's review (which was a nice review!).
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 11:35 AM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

There are 4 disc but disc 1 is the history of KBs, why Zuzka loves the kettlebell and how to properly perform the basic KB exercises.

Discs 2-4 have 4 KB routines in each disc. I have several Kettlebell clinic DVDs such as Lauren Brooks, AOS and some other that are great and Zuzka's is right up there with them.

MariaW
Old 02-21-14, 12:14 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Any more breakdowns? I'm curious to see how these progress before purchasing.
Here's 2 breakdowns

ZCUT Kettlebell Start- Workout #9 Disc 4

REPS
5 Kettlebell swings/1 Burpee
5 Cleans/Back Lunge and 1 arm overhead press
4 5 Kettlebell Swings/5 figure 8 Squats
10 Roll Back (Deck Squats)
Workout time (approximately 13:00) Do 2x

ZCUT Kettlebell Start- Workout #4 Disc 2

REPS
40 1 arm Kettlebell Swings switch arms every 10 reps
10 each side Bkwrd Lunge/Tricep Press/Oblique Knee up Twist
40 1 arm Kettlebell Swings switch arms every 10 reps
10 each side Elbow to Knee and over Head Press Ups
10 each way Sling Shots
Workout time (approximately15:50) Do 2x
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 01:10 PM  
momofcha

I really am enjoying this set. This is my first foray into Zuzka and I am very impressed. I love the way the exercises are listed at the bottom as they are coming up. These moves are rep based - so if you are slightly ahead and finish your twenty swings, you know what weight to grab for the next move.

The 15 min timeframe is perfect for me - and I do love Lauren's lightning as well. Some mornings I just don't have time for much - for instance, this week the weather woke me up early. I had planned on taking a rest day, but what do you know, I had 15 minutes and so I popped in workout 3. Perfect. On days I have more time I can stack them. I can also do this and a tonique download (about 17 min) and I'm golden!

I'm experienced with kettlebells and I'm loving this set - and I agree, her tutorial is awesome and a beginner would love this set as well.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 03:40 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Thanks for the breakdowns bee1forfitness I was right in assuming that Zuzka slowly adds either more reps or complex moves as you progress. The best part is that you are not going at warp speed.

MariaW
Old 02-21-14, 05:58 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I agree! these are excellent and an excellent price!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlbells, kettlebells, zcut, zuzka light