Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-13, 10:43 PM  
jerebo

Zuzka for the rest of us

I'm interested in some drill based workouts that are short, pretty intense, but not puke in a bucket intense. I really like the Turbo Fire HIIT workouts, but want something a bit shorter, and maybe with a bit less twisting (the floor I work out on is kinda grippy and a little hard on my knees).

I read that Bob Harper's newest can be cause red Zuzka for beginners, but the thought of doing burped for a whole minute sounds too intense for me.

What workouts do you recommend?
Old 11-04-13, 11:03 PM  
JENILU

I think someone on here said that 10 MS Hiit was like a Zuzka for beginners?
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 12:53 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
I think someone on here said that 10 MS Hiit was like a Zuzka for beginners?
I have this and love it...it's intense, but shorter (only 10 minutes) and less intense than Zuzka. I usually pick 1 and use it after a strength workout as a finisher. For me, I wouldn't call it "Zuzka for beginners" however. Zuzka has some beginners workouts in her ZGym and a few on YouTube. I find Zuzka's beginners workout easier than some of the 10 MS HIIT workouts, I highly recommend the 10 MS HIIT
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 06:35 AM  
SquishyMommy

Zuzka's beginner workouts in her ZGym are great. They are still intense, but much more doable than her regular workouts. Her ZGym price is cheap too and you have access to all the online workouts, not just the beginner. I think I read she is going to be uploading some of her yoga workouts too. She also just became kettlebell certified and will be adding more kb workouts. For the price I think ZGym is a steal and I absolutely love it and the variety. I think her beginner workouts would be along the lines of what you are looking for. They are deceptive in that they look simple but are actually pretty challenging.
Old 11-05-13, 09:16 AM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Zuzka's beginner workouts in her ZGym are great. They are still intense, but much more doable than her regular workouts. Her ZGym price is cheap too and you have access to all the online workouts, not just the beginner. I think I read she is going to be uploading some of her yoga workouts too. She also just became kettlebell certified and will be adding more kb workouts. For the price I think ZGym is a steal and I absolutely love it and the variety. I think her beginner workouts would be along the lines of what you are looking for. They are deceptive in that they look simple but are actually pretty challenging.
I might be interested in this..especially the beginner workouts. Do you just subscribe to the general Z-Gym and they appear in there or is there something special?

Thanks!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 10:20 AM  
SquishyMommy

Yes, you just subscribe to the ZGym and then there is a menu of workout options such as ZShred, ZWow, ZBeginner and so on. You have full access to all workouts. I do the month to month option which is only $9.99/month which I think is incredibly reasonable.
Old 11-05-13, 11:15 AM  
jerebo

Hi all,

Thanks for the recommendations. The 10-minute Solution HIIT looks great--probably the perfect level for me at the moment. I like that I can download it, too, and not have to worry about DVDs.

I'm intrigued by Z-gym (though I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to a subscription plan). Can you tell me more about the beginner workouts? Maybe a breakdown of 1 or 2 of them for a sense of their length? I wish there were some sample clips; it would make it easier to pull the trigger.

On the other hand, I did a bunch of searching and found TONS of free, short, and intense cardio videos online. Today I did one of Jessica Smith's 10-minute HIITs Valerie Waters has her A-list body workouts with tabata style training, then I found Pop Cardio on YouTube, plus Kyla Gagnon, and This is Fit Quickie workouts (where she shows easier modifications). Maybe I can figure out how to modify ZWow, too.
Old 11-05-13, 12:18 PM  
desie

Can someone describe what these terms mean: ZGym, ZShred, ZWow, ZBeginner (okay that one I can figure out). Thanks!
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 12:34 PM  
Debbie

Jen, have you tried JNL Fusion? I love love love Zuzka! I did feel like I needed to switch things up though, so I decided on JNL. I find her workouts to be pretty good and similar to Z's stuff in some ways, but not quite as intense as Zuzka.
Old 11-05-13, 01:48 PM  
SquishyMommy

Agreed! I love Zuzka and JNL both. In fact I am doing both with a little bit of TA thrown in there. I was doing a TA rotation but I just missed my drill-type workouts too much.

Jen - as for a breakdown of a workout, Beginner workout number is to be done 6 times before moving on to the next level. It is an AMRAP workout and you do 12 squats, 10 pushups (modified), 10 lunges (each leg), and 12 bent over rows. You do as many these as you can in 15 minutes. The exercises themselves are not difficult, but it sure did make me work up a sweat.

Desie- I think ZGym just refers to that area of her website that you subscribe to. ZWow refers to her Workout of the Week. I haven't done a ZShred, but I think it is a more weight-oriented workout than ZWows which are cardio. I may be wrong so hopefully someone can correct me if I am.

Tags
zgym, zuzka light