Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-12, 08:29 AM  
woodie

It was the 30 minute one. Sharaz - great results! Congrats. Sigh, just not sure...

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12, 09:31 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
It was the 30 minute one. Sharaz - great results! Congrats. Sigh, just not sure...
Yeah, that's kinda of an ab/cardio-ish one I'm a little lukewarm on, definitely give the weighted ones a try!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12, 09:31 AM  
bee1forfitness

Congrats on your results, Sharaz...that's so awesome!!
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12, 09:43 AM  
Cassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
Yeah that's not really a good example of the set. Try shoulders or biceps or legs.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12, 11:06 AM  
Tiny

Woodie, I agree with everyone else. Try one of the weighted dvd's and if you want, choose heavier weight with less reps in the 30 sec interval (which is what I normally do). You can do so much with this program as everyone is saying. You can even try low weights with higher reps for each 30 sec weight interval or you can pyramid up with your weights for each of the three 30 sec weight interval. Make it work for you and your body. You really can't lose with this set!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12, 02:27 PM  
kitty12

You mention wanting biceps. Is your concern more upper body, lower body or overall muscle definition? I am too early into JNL to report results but just sharing some thoughts since I also have Squeeze.

Regarding Squeeze, do you also have Squeeze Stronger? I think both are good workouts, but if you want muscle definition, I think Squeeze Stronger is more challenging / better. Or you could always rotate them. But the upper body workout in Squeeze Stronger takes the barre concept of high rep / low weight to a level kind of on it's own for a barre DVD. Also, you hit the entire upper body in one workout versus splits in JNL Fusion. Squeeze Stronger also has a very good pretzel and floor ab sections. I also like the standing waist work on both.

You could also use both Squeeze and JNL. I am doing JNL three days a week, barre one day (which will include the Squeezes), and yoga on the other days. Also, Squeeze is chaptered so you could simply add on sections to JNL Fusion.

As I mentioned, I am too early in JNL to really notice results but I imagine if they will be there, it will be more lower body than upper body for me (simply because that is where I feel it the most). I am a mesomorph type, although I added a little apple as I got older so wouldn't mind seeing some fat through the abs and lower part of the back go away!! I was doing a lot of body weight type exercise prior to JNL to target the upper body and actually really liked those results more than I saw with weights but my situation is likely different than yours as I was happy to see nice defintion and see my arms slim down a little.

JNL also adds some nice cardio which should also help with weight loss, loosing fat.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jennifer nicole lee, jnl, squeeze, squeeze rotation