Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-11, 11:50 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Please recommend an accurate device to track calories burned...Fitbit? BodyBugg?

Now that I've started Zumba, I'm interested in tracking my calories. I was reading on another thread that Zumba exercisers have burned anywhere between 600 - 1000+ calories per hour and I'm curious to know what Zumba is doing for me. I've looked a Fitbit before and like the price ($99). Is it pretty accurate? Can it track calories burned during Zumba or does it just track steps taken?

If you can't recommend the Fitbit, can you recommend a reliable device that can help me determine how many calories I am burning in my workouts?

I am so excited...Despite having been a member on this forum for a while and participating in threads, I've not really had the motivation to really keep a consistent workout schedule. Nor have I had the desire to actually track what I am doing. Now, it's like a whole new world has opened up for me. I've found an exercise that's FUN and that I love doing (Zumba) and I want to do it all the time! Now it's time to start tracking my calories in versus calories out (hey, even though it's fun, I don't want to be doing an hour of hard work and sweat to burn off half a donut!).

Even though I want to track calories burned during Zumba and walking, I am still planning on incorporating my Tracy Anderson Meta although I feel that her muscular structure workouts may not pack a big calorie punch. I want to make sure I am toning while losing weight.

Thanks so much for any guidance you can provide. Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Tags
bodybugg, calorie burn counter, fitbit, heart rate monitor, hrm