Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-20, 04:57 PM  
MathTeacher

I finished week 2 of Barre Blend. I have modified the schedule a bit. You know me and my exercise ADD.

Sherry, I hope your cold is better soon. I know I am one of those people who eats too many carbs. I am working really hard on it.

Vannie, I love big old slug days. I had one of those yesterday. It was great.

Scarlett, I hope the infusions help. You are always in my prayers.

Katie, I love Jill Miller. She really helped me when my plantar fasciitis made me want to cut off my feet.
Old 01-13-20, 10:37 AM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, I can't imagine having PF that bad! It sounds awful! I'm so glad you got it figured out. Jill has really had some helpful tutorials and I'm so glad she was recommended to me quite a few years ago(back in Collage forum days).

Vannie, was the PT appt. today? Really hope they can help you.

Sherry, I hope your cold subsides. I'm finally busting through my sinus infection. Thankfully my provider put me on another dose of antibiotics. I wish I didn't need them. I talked with one of my DB's last night and it sounds like most of my siblings and my mom are prone to these.

Scarlett, wishing you a great day!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 10:50 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I can't believe January is half over! We've had a subzero spell but it's going to mellow out here soon and be pretty decent for quite a while. Looking forward to being more active outside!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-16-20, 08:38 PM  
Leonana

Thanks for the get well wishes everyone. Well, I rest, start feeling better, get out and do stuff, and the cold comes back. Even though I don’t work out of the home, it’s hard to do nothing for a week! But I think I found a way to get well. I started doing the sinus rinse, or nasal flushing. I use a bottle instead of a Neti pot. It works so well and I’m feeling so much better. I guess it flushes the virus germs out. I’m going to wait until Monday to start working out again.

I did go to my beginning Tai Chi class yesterday at my city parks and rec. It’s an over 55 class. It was great, and harder than I expected. My lower back felt really good today, no soreness. The teacher has a you tube channel called Tai Chi Barbara.
Old 01-16-20, 08:49 PM  
Miss Scarlett

I can't believe January is half gone. I'm sure glad to be with you all. Hugs and kisses😊❤
Old 01-19-20, 09:00 AM  
Vantreesta

It's been a very low energy week for me. The heavy snow then blizzard then wind chill advisory have kept us safely inside far more than we like. Cyric's feet are not as tough as D'Argo and especially Chianna's were and the booties don't stay on very well. We haven't had a 3-walk day since Tuesday! We're both going batty.

Monday was the first day of PT so I did my exercises twice a day through Thursday. Next session was on Friday and that was a really helpful one. She added a stretch and an exercise to what she gave me Monday, did iliopsoas release (hurt so good!) and showed me hhowto self-traction my hip. I felt great after that untili sat most of the day! Monday I did new-to-me Mike Dennison Runners' Yoga 30 minute practice. I don't think worked out Tue or Wed. Thu did wk3 day3 on the TM and part of YFR from memory. I was starving so I cut that short but did do PT exercises before and after the run like she said. Thu when I first got up I did part of a Happy Yoga episode I had recorded off PBS. Fri was a big fat nothing day, watched TV all day after my appt. Rather disgusted with myself for that. Yesterday hubby put all the tubs away finally and hung the rest of our dragon pictures. I took all the small stuff out of my gym and put away stacks of DVDs and stuff. I was planning to rearrange but had no creative thoughts so pretty much everything went right back were it was.

How is it almost Superbowl time again??? The good news is not too long till baseball is back!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 11:01 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, glad you are feeling better! What kind of sinus rinse do you use? Today is my last day of antibiotics for my sinus infection and it is doing better. I've been using Arm n Hammer Simply Saline nasal mist and have come to the conclusion I need to use it regularly but I'd be curious to know what you are using, might be better for me. Your tai chi class sounds like fun. Is it done outside?

Vannie, same here on low energy week. We've had so much wind chill below zero stuff. At mid January, it seems a little early to have cabin fever but it's pretty much here. It's supposed to break tomorrow and be pretty nice the rest of the month so maybe that break will get rid of the cabin fever feeling. Belle and I could both use some really good walks too. Glad you got back into PT and she has some new ideas for you. My massage therapist can do a iliopsoas release as I tend to get really tight on the right side. I can't do it very well on my own. I haven't seen her in a while though. We both keep having to cancel for roads, weather, etc. Maybe this next weather break I'll get in to see her.

For exercise, I've mostly been keeping up with the Sadhana and then doing PT/independent type exercises. Trying to make good use of this weather and work on taxes and other indoor stuff.

Waves to MT and Scarlett. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-19-20, 08:00 PM  
Leonana

Well, the cold is still hanging on. So annoying! But I am feeling better, just not over it yet. It's been two weeks so far. It seems as soon as I get out and do stuff, it comes back again.

The weather really warmed up, it was 76 today. Really nice weather, I'm enjoying it. It's supposed to get cooler next week, however.

Vannie, I'm glad the PT is helping you, and you are able to run again.

Katie, I use the SinuRinse bottle, and the NeilMed salt packets. Either one is fine for the bottle or salt solution. Some people use a neti pot, but I had a hard time figuring it out. I googled, and apparently it helps as a preventative measure too, so I'm going to try and do it at least once a week during cold season. It is helping alleviate my symptoms and I feel better, I don't sneeze or blow my nose as much, and I have more energy. But the cold is still hanging on, I guess it's going around lately.

Scarlett, I'm glad you are with us!

MT, I haven't heard of Barre Blend, I'll have to check it out.
Old 01-21-20, 11:30 AM  
Vantreesta

MT, do you like Barre Blend? I would be really curious how their income looks now that they only do streaming. I am not the only person who would buy programs on DVD even if I was only a little interested but won't do streaming!

Scarlett, it's always so good to see you when you pop in! I'm so glad you're with us too!

Katie and Sherry, I'm not sure if the supplement i started is helping my sinuses or not, but one thing I did find that I know is helping me is putting a tiny bit of vaseline just at the edge of each nostril before I go to bed. I imagine it combats the dry heated air. I can tell a difference if I forget to do it. Overall I'm having less issues with it but I wasn't really sure if it was sinuses or allergies to begin with. If it was allergies there's nothing outside in this cold to aggravate right now!

PT is going good. I have one session left. I am so thankful to know all the pain is coming from tight and imbalanced muscles and not the hip joint. I'm feeling so much more freedom in the front of the hips and my QL and psoas are loosening up. She talked about needing to make sure I have a maintenance plan and warmup before I run. I am very bad about doing any warmup other than a few minutes of brisk walking, which doesn't move my joints through full ROM or loosen anything up. She said probably at least 90% of runners she sees have tight quads and hip flexors and weak glutes.

I need to go workout and shower so I can make lefse for hubby.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 07:08 PM  
Leonana

Still battling the cold. Ugh. I feel better today after resting. But then I'll do too much tomorrow, and it will come back, lol. But I'm going to rest tomorrow too. It's been two weeks, but I've heard people have it from 3-6 weeks.

Vannie, I will try the vasoline tip. That's great that the PT is helping you so much.