Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-05-20, 09:54 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
Thank you everyone. It feels so good to be home

Mary where do you live in Illinois.? I am in the St. Louis area but grew up in Illinois. Maybe we are neighbors

Has anyone done the new workout yet.? Looks good. I have been doing a few upper body CS exercises for about 1-2 minutes sitting down

Anita

Would’nt it be great if we could all meet and workout with Jackie Pam and I cannot remember the third person who teaches CS and do some classes?

I am up north in Dekalb County; about 70 miles due west of Chicago. I "grew up" (after moving from Cali in the 6th grade)in the north suburbs, and moved to the west suburbs when I got married. Since I have moved further west into the cornfields.

I know everyone lives in different areas-too much time on my hands now trying to keep myself busy. Can only watch so much TV and reading even though I love to read
I live up north in DeKalb County. It is about 70 miles due west of Chicago. I "grew up" (after moving from Cali in the 6th grade) in the north suburbs. Then moved to the west suburbs after I got married. Since then I have moved further west into the cornfields.

I am glad you are home and feeling better.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 09:56 AM  
Izzy

I continuously look for live classes somewhat close to me. There was one about 1 hour away which is no longer available. The closest is about 1 1/2 hours. That is too far to drive. But I check monthly and hope to see another one closer.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 01:48 PM  
anetta

Smile

I have 2 teachers in my area and I have actually taken classes which are great-I just have to find a class at night

Of course this will be awhile. I am going to have to keep myself from overdoing exercise when I get cleared-which will be awhile

Thank you for listening and all your kind thoughts during my recovery

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 02:39 PM  
Donna D

Essentrics 30 day health challenge -

https://essentrics.com/health-challenge-new-year-2020/
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 05:40 PM  
anetta

(((Sigh))). :. Oh well something to look forward to

Anita
Old 01-13-20, 07:50 PM  
Donna D

I wonder what the purpose is in repeating many of the exercises for several days in the health challenge.
Old 01-15-20, 12:35 PM  
anetta

Went to doctor yesterday. Gave me a leg brace but still no weight bearing driving or work. Have to go back in 4 weeks

They are having me do some range of motion now. I have to bend my leg

I have been doing some CS and the Lee Holden new challenge by sitting on the couch and at least doing something

Can only watch so much tv and read

Really bummed out that I can’t be walking on my leg but it iis a very bad break

Miss my walking and bike riding the last few days have been mild for Missouri and I could have ridden my bike-but supposed to have wintry mix Friday😀

Anita
Old 01-17-20, 03:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hope you’re healing Anita! I feel for you as I remember how frustrating it was to be sidelined when I broke my ankle a few years ago.

I’m still teaching Essentrics once or twice a week & doing gentle CS & AB workouts and gentle yoga in between. I’m not doing the new 30 day challenge. I’ve been dealing with a low back issue and going to my PT for IMS treatments. I’m still working on level 3 & am going to an Essentrics workshop in Vancouver in Feb, really looking forward to it.

Donna - Miranda is very focused on fascia these days so I assume she repeats those Rebalance & Release workouts to work on loosening up the fascia. I’ve only perused the challenge but it looks like it starts out gentle and gets more intense each week.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 06:56 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Hope you’re healing Anita! I feel for you as I remember how frustrating it was to be sidelined when I broke my ankle a few years ago.

I’m still teaching Essentrics once or twice a week & doing gentle CS & AB workouts and gentle yoga in between. I’m not doing the new 30 day challenge. I’ve been dealing with a low back issue and going to my PT for IMS treatments. I’m still working on level 3 & am going to an Essentrics workshop in Vancouver in Feb, really looking forward to it.

Donna - Miranda is very focused on fascia these days so I assume she repeats those Rebalance & Release workouts to work on loosening up the fascia. I’ve only perused the challenge but it looks like it starts out gentle and gets more intense each week.
Hi to everyone,

Anita - hope you are doing well.

Pam - thanks for responding. Sorry to hear about your lower back; wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 01-19-20, 07:06 PM  
Donna D

I signed up for Classical Stretch streaming - at least for a month!

I haven't kept up with technology. Tried to download the app. I didn't realize you can't download the app on a computer. I don't have a smart phone.

The streaming wouldn't work on internet explorer but it did on Firebox.

By the time I was done playing around with signing up I didn't have time to do a 30 minute workout.

I did a 10 minute arm episode.

Have a great week everyone!