Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-11, 07:45 PM  
kariev34

TA arms

Ok, so it seems like my arms are my trouble spot. I would like some definition in my arms. I gain muscle easily in my arms so I don't like to lift heavy. I've never really done TA's workouts consistantly. I have meta (omini) and was thinking of just doing the arm secion daily. Have any of you had good results in your arms from TA when nothing else has worked?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 07:48 PM  
gianni

If you want thin arms, yes. I find my arms actually get too thin using just Tracy. I need some light weight work and push ups to have a more sculpted look in my upper body. I don't find I have much definition with her work...

If you want to thin out, then maybe it might be a good idea to do that and mix some other stuff in with it.
gianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 07:53 PM  
deltoro

I can give a sort of opposite review. My body fat needs to be lower, but with TA arms I can still get definition. When I tried FIRM type workouts with weights, CLX, or P90X I only got bigger (I won't say bulky because I honestly have at least 15 more pounds to lose, so it just made me bigger).
deltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 07:55 PM  
marymc

My arms look best when I do some TA (I like her Mat section and the other Tracy Campoli (sp?) has an awesome arm workout on YouTube) with light circuits (like 5lbs). Honestly, the Firm (500 Calorie workout, Calorie Explosion, Ultimate Fat Burning Collection, etc.) work for my arms.

Good luck, Kariev.
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 07:57 PM  
kariev34

Thanks guys. I don't need to lose body fat, i'm at a good spot right now. I have nice ab definition and legs but my arms are just stubborn. I would also be doing some of KCM's circuit/bootcamp workouts so that i will get some more traditional arm work.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:03 PM  
sweatmonger

I didn't have much love for my arms until TA Meta. Now I have visible definition in my shoulders and tri's. And, although it's not really arms, my back fat has disappeared. Honestly though, I don't think its the standing arm/weighted arms that's doing it. It's all the work on all fours and plank.

Metamorphed with TA June 2011
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:24 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I think TA has helped with my arm definition. Sometime over the last year I started doing the unweighted mat arm work as an add-on -- tried to do it nearly every day. I was doing mostly other barre workouts at the time, I think, but would throw in more traditional work once in a while. It was the first time I ever remember seeing nice definition in my arms. I'm trying to get back to being a little more consistent with that -- I'm suffering from too many workouts and wanting to do everything, but I do believe that between TA and chatarunga pushups, nice arm definition is possible!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:40 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I like TA's arm workouts. They help me release some UB tension due to the kind of work I do (in front of the computer all day long!). An added bonus is I like my arms better now that I've incorporated TA's arm workouts. I think I started doing these in January this year.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:54 PM  
andtckrtoo

Another TA arms lover. I build muscle easily and I tend to look like a line backer - I've lost an inch off my arms doing TA Arms.
Old 05-17-11, 09:04 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

I really like my arms since starting TA (I also do P57 regularly so it's not just TA). The arms in the Mat Workout are great. I find the Meta arms are good too but as Melissa said I think a lot of the arm results from Meta has to be attributed to the planks and work on all fours.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, jari love, tracy anderson, tracy anderson arms